Protection...........

With all the talk on the forum with the 'dodgy' power supply in Viet Nam.
Is there anyone who has,or knows where I can get a 'Line Leveling UPS'
Apparently this will help with the up and down power supply.

When I came Vietnam first time I noticed and surprised with the wiring system and the durability of electronic equipments  especially computers which has no UPS connection or even a earthed direct connection! I never see any earthing in home/office wiring :D (Or may be some concealed/invincible one?) Luckily since that time to now no problem with electricity or with the equipments. I saw many equipment comes with 2 pin! (earthing pin - just a hole!)
I don't know what magic protect all these without earthing! In India usually we buy Uninterrupted Power Supply system before we buy a computer!

I'm no expert in this field, however, when sourcing a UPS it depends on the device(s) that will be connected to it. So basically it depends on the load the UPS will handle, to efficiently select one.

I've always seen, the higher the rating of the UPS the more they cost. 

I hope others on this forum can recommend a suitable one for you depending on your requirements. :)

Best of luck. :)

Cheers to both of for your comments all helpful.
I have also spoken to an I.T. friend and he suggested to buy a power board with surge protection.
I'll wait and see if I get any more comments and then decide.
Again thanks.

Surge protection is definitely a plus :top:
Worth it if you have expensive equipment in your home :)

good luck.

You gonna go and look for electro shops selling: cables, LED boards, motors, loose cables. The you have to ask for a POWER STABILISATOR and are similar sized to car batteries.

1 end you plug into your existing mains, the other side holds depending on model 1-10 sockets with  1 < x amp.

Should you not find such a shop, ask in shop selling TVs, PCs .., they will know 100% where the next shop is selling those.

They come with and without batteries, prices ranging from about 1 mill vnd for 1 amp, 2 sockets and portable upwards to maybe 20/30 mill for build-in devices with large batteries.

Thanks l3ully.
Do people use these, or do they just take a chance!?
I would of thought they would be quite popular especially with expats.

I just use a surge protector power strip.  No problems have been noted with my stuff.