Registering a birth in Saint Lucia

Hi,

About to have a baby or already had children? Let's share your experience about the paperworks for registering a birth in Saint Lucia.

What are the formalities to obtain a birth certificate?

What is the procedure to follow if both parents are of the same nationality or for a mixed couple?

Thank you in advance for participating,

David

Hi David,

The proper procedure is for pregnant women to ask their gynecologist all their questions.

I realize you opened this topic just to increase your number of posts :rolleyes: but I believe you can find something better to discuss.
On the other hand, there are too many babies in SLU … and their nose is running … :mad:

@John C. - please note that the aim of this topic is to collect the maximum information regarding birth registration and also note that David is part of the Expat.com Team :)

Maximilien wrote:

@John C. - please note that the aim of this topic is to collect the maximum information regarding birth registration and also note that David is part of the Expat.com Team :)

@ Maximilien

Oh, my, I made the mistake to believe this is a place for persons contemplating to become expats, or for soon-to-be expats to ask questions and for locals (expats or not) to provide answers. :rolleyes:
How would I have guessed that expat.com badly needs information on birth (or baby death) registrations for St. Lucia?
Oh, my, I should have known better … :mad:

Is there any other information expat.com needs for its intelligence gathering efforts on top of readily visible expat dialogues in this forum? ;)

Hi John C,

Understand that the information we try to gather from members who had already experienced or been through the process of a birth registration are important and helpful for the new members seeking feedback.

We try to help and guide the members as much as we can and here do you have any interesting information to share with us regarding the formalities or the procedure of Birth Registration in St Lucia please ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Maximilien wrote:

Hi John C,

Understand that the information we try to gather from members who had already experienced or been through the process of a birth registration are important and helpful for the new members seeking feedback.

We try to help and guide the members as much as we can and here do you have any interesting information to share with us regarding the formalities or the procedure of Birth Registration in St Lucia please ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi there,

1). Rather than you gathering information, let the person who needs the info (expats or prospective expats) write posts asking questions here in the forum.
If the question is good, someone will reply, proofs of which can be found throughout this forum.

2). Yes, I realized you try. How?  There are hundreds of similar posts here from the E-B team which are 2-yrs. old and which remained unanswered.  The message, TO ME, is clear: expats manage on their own and did not consider necessary to reply.
My message? Doing things is nice and better than doing nothing, but overdoing things is counterproductive. :D
Remember: less is more. :cool:

3). No, I do not have interesting information about birth registrations in SLU.  There is nothing more interesting about tropical births here which does not exist elsewhere in other countries.
Pregnant ladies get early info from their gynecologist and after delivery at the hospital, the staff processes the necessary paperwork.  Family members rush quickly to help with anything which officials require.

Children of expats born in SLU get SLU citizenship.
One such case was 'sokolica' who was a member of E-B, lived in SLU in 2010-2011, gave birth here and left because her husband's work contract at one of the major hotels expired.

Sorry, I have no more details to add on this topic, but rest assured I have many more interesting details to offer on other topics.
Also, I cannot engage in lengthy discussions with E-B team when the goal here is to communicate with local and prospective expats.

Good bye. :)

John C. wrote:

No, I do not have interesting information about birth registrations in SLU.

Hey John, the other thread talks about your making babies one after one woman from different countries.... to create a new race of super intelligent humans. :lol::lol::D:lol::lol:
But now it seems, you are not involving to register their birth;)