Close

Registering a birth in Brazil

hi  there

Thank you for asking.  to be honest, I dont know what hospital I was born and my adopted parents have not told me anything,  This is why I want o track my birth certificate,  Its very difficult.  do you have any ideas?

And your adoptive parents don't know which hospital you were born at? If you can find out that then you can contact the respective cartório where you will find your BC. If you were born at home and in a rural area then it is very likely that no BC exists. Do you at least know what city you were born in?

Hi thank you ever so much for contacting me.  My adopted parents will not tell me very much and they say they don't know what hospital i was born at.  My adopted parents are of a different nationality and the only thing they have told me is that I have a younger brother who stayed with my biological mother.  My adopted family tell me I should just forget about this but I can;t.  Having looked at passport, it does say that I was born in Itaquera, Etat de sao paulo.  Do you know any hospitals in this area?   this might help?  I was adopted from the age of 6 years but did not see my family form the age of 2 years.  My mother was only 17 years old when she had me.  Sometimes people don't understand how difficult it is when you don't know your family.  Any help would be very much appreciated.  I am studying in the UK at the present time and staying with a host family.  The mother of the family was also adopted and she understand my situation.  the family is trying to support me in finding my family. 

Is there any advise that you could recommend to me?  Look foward to hearing from you.

Regards
Felipe

How is your citizenship going Brickhouse

I've started gathering my documents to apply asap

Pls post as much info you have in a proper form. That will help bring up ideas to help you. You might get in touch with the hospital in that city and ask for the records section?> I assume you do not know the name of your mother ?
It might be difficult but I think it is not impossible. Nothing is. I am sorry to hear that you feel the need to find your roots and yet we cannot help you with much. Unless you help by posting properly ...on a new topic post . More people will be able to see it.

Try Oficial de Registro Civil das Pessoas Naturais, Rua Américo Salvador Novelli, 389 - Itaquera SP 08210-090, +55 11 2944-9688. But you need the names of your parents to pull the right data. Otherwise, to apply for a passport your parents must have had submitted your BC to the PF, hence, they should have a copy on file.

Hi,
I need some info, so as to get docs ready fast  I just delivered a baby girl n need to register at catorio in fathers name,  tho he's absent,  pls advice,  regards to the declaration of paternity,  is it OK he gets it from the court in Nigeria or needs to b at the Brazil embassy in Nigeria? Also,  can I use same declaration cert to apply 4 babies passport? Thanks.

Iam 28 weeks pregnant and planning to have my baby in Brazil but was scared since i don know the country. What u have written really helped me out to make up my mind since i am so scared about spending too much time trying to have my baby passport. Where did u have the home biryj? And can i have the nurse contact details?

I had my girl at a public hospital in guainaisez,  sao Paulo n its free. Are u already in Brazil? Are you alone or with husband? The basic n most important step wen in Brazil,  is getting the baby registered,  every other thing becomes a piece of cake. tho I'm out of Brazil but Feel free to ask ? Regards to birthing .tchau

We had tried for our home Birth in Florianopolis but as I stated that due to last minute unexpected situations we rushed to the government hospital. 

They all were great and really helped out.

Expatriate health insurance in Brazil

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brazil

Moving to Brazil

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brazil

Travel insurance in Brazil

Enjoy stress-free travel to Brazil