Top hiring sectors in Abuja

Hi,

let's talk about job opportunities in Abuja.

What are the top hiring sectors?

And according to you, what are the most promising job sectors, which will keep creating jobs in Abuja?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience,

Julien

Don't think of getting job in Nigeria, labor market is saturated. If you initiate entrepreneurship or have a skill that can create employment you shall succeed. Chinese goes to foreign country with their skill to establish small scale industry (even bakery) and they prosper.

I'm a Nigerian, I lived there for 42 years.

Hi awoleye,

Thank you for the information shared :)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Well, we are on ground in Nigeria and Can confidently inform any career minded person that there are some industries that are worth considering for building a fulfilling career. These include education, Energy, oil &b gas, agriculture and financial.

A good example amongst the lot aforementioned is educational. Educators and Administrators are being paid up to $120, 000 p.a for very senior management positions in some of our elitist high schools and this amounts are tax free.

Meanwhile this is small compared to what the oil industry pays. Currently there is a boom in the energy sector especially since the government privatised electricity generation, distribution  and transmission. Ignore some of the reports you hear about Nigeria, most lack authenticity. Though, the the nation like most African and similar developing nations have challenges with security, corruption and political instability.

Permit me to also add this; why I am confident of what I have just said is because I am recruiter and I assist my clients find competent expatriates for top management positions.

[moderated: no free ads please + register your company in the business directory]