Licensed Teacher ADEC

Well  good luck .let me know what happens as I may see you over here! I should be arriving in a few weeks.

So Andy, did you eventually take the post? It's been several months since this thread has been posted so wondering if you did take it? If so what is your impression so far??

epaine

Hi all... I know that these posts are a few years old.. But you could be of such immense help to me....

Current situation:
Have an interview with teach anywere for ADEC in a few weeks.  Like many of you mentioned- could be placed in Abu dhabi, al aim
Or al gharbia.  Many have told me that Abu dhabi is lovely as is al ain however I would love to know if there are any teachers who someone or who has been placed in Al Gharbia???

Also does anyone have any comments on Teach anywhere and their follow up support once a jOb has been secured??

Did everyone make it home for Christmas? In general what are the holidays like?

What is the planning like- what are we obliged to prepare in terms
Of planning and schemes
In the schools?

I am so sorry for all the questions but i am very unsure and would love some advice from someone who has been there- done that and knows what it is like
To work within ADEC system.

I hope you are all very happy in your current positions and all is going well for you.  I would really REALLY appreciate any responses u could give.

Thanks!!

Mollypink! X

Any prospective ADEC teachers should appreciate that contracted teachers and recruited admin. personnel are forbidden within their contract from any negative comments!
They maybe sacked!
Rate of retention in ADEC is a problem they have yet to understand or deal with.
You may want to pose the question before signing ........Why?

TeachAway is getting far too corporate for me.  I used them in South Korea and once you get into your position, if there are any problems, they're no where to be found! I'd like to work in Abu Dhabi, but I'm going to be sure I go there on MY terms.  After all, we have the knowledge that they want, shouldn't we be the ones to call some of the shots?  I have been teaching English for over 13 years and I'm working on a doctorate.  I think its pretentious for overseas employers to treat good employees with disrespect by 'throwing' them into situations that they are clearly not prepared for.  Even if you only have a BA, don't stand for it.  It's really time for teachers to start demanding more from recruiters and from overseas employers.  Otherwise, do what I have done: start your own website and tutor privately.  Handpick your students and charge them $100 per hour and give them top-notch service! I'm making twice what I would be making in Abu Dhabi and most of my students are actually adults FROM there! :-P to TeachAway!

@Spotty: Correct ENGLISH is "...may be sacked."  I think what you actually wanted to say is, "They should be sacked (fired)." If you want to teach English, you should KNOW it!

(Moderated: please post in the Jobs section)

don't do it. On the surface the organisation is smooth and well organised, glossy brochures etc, but the organisation is appalling. They also grossly misrepresent the level of students. Most of the schools are little better than zoos. although the year 6 students are supposed to have been taught for 4 years in English, a majority of them have only a few words if any. on top of this the learning outcome expected are high even for first language speakers. In short, don't bother.

Hi all,

Does anyone gave the ADEC salary and benefit guidelines for 2014?

Tia

Is one agency better than another? Or are they all the same in terms if salaries, benefits etc. what I am asking is, does one agency negotiate better salaries and benefits than another .... Or is it the same throughout?