Top hiring sectors in Hanoi

Hi,

let's talk about job opportunities in Hanoi.

What are the top hiring sectors?

And according to you, what are the most promising job sectors, which will keep creating jobs in Hanoi?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience,

Julien

English teaching job is a promising and well-paid sector in Vietnam

nhactrehn wrote:

Define well paid, cause i looked up some english teaching possibilities online for in Vietnam and the monthly paid is like highest around $1400 - $1600. To me that is not very well paid, so please define ur definition of well paid.

Also do you know whether there is a certain differences in levels of teaching english? Like is there a degree or certificate that will ensure you to get more money for your teaching hours?

What is the big difference between private teaching or school teaching? What are those differences?

And i was wondering how big is the market or possibilities for jobs in like sales or telemarketeers?

Tuan04 wrote:
nhactrehn wrote:

Define well paid, cause i looked up some english teaching possibilities online for in Vietnam and the monthly paid is like highest around $1400 - $1600. To me that is not very well paid, so please define ur definition of well paid.

Also do you know whether there is a certain differences in levels of teaching english? Like is there a degree or certificate that will ensure you to get more money for your teaching hours?

What is the big difference between private teaching or school teaching? What are those differences?

And i was wondering how big is the market or possibilities for jobs in like sales or telemarketeers?

Let's not forget "a degree does not one teacher make".

Unless that degree is in teaching AND that teacher is coming with years of prior experience.

Many schools do not pay enough wages for one month cost of living(foreigners pay more for everything single thing you see),so often is the case a teacher/s must find other work to cover the loss.This involves nights and weekends.With a lot of travelling in between.Competition these last few years has been extreme.Many people leave their home countries simply because there aren't many jobs going/the poor economy/higher education debt etc.
All these combined can and do create a stressful working environment,unless one is fortunate enough to be placed in an international school/Uni with the guarantee of work.
However,with so may new people coming with a magic paper,your job is even less secure than you imagined.

Hi everybody,

Please note that some off topics posts have been removed from this discussion.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

jimbream wrote:
Tuan04 wrote:
nhactrehn wrote:

Unless that degree is in teaching AND that teacher is coming with years of prior experience.

Many schools do not pay enough wages for one month cost of living(foreigners pay more for everything single thing you see),so often is the case a teacher/s must find other work to cover the loss.This involves nights and weekends.With a lot of travelling in between.Competition these last few years has been extreme.Many people leave their home countries simply because there aren't many jobs going/the poor economy/higher education debt etc.
All these combined can and do create a stressful working environment,unless one is fortunate enough to be placed in an international school/Uni with the guarantee of work.
However,with so may new people coming with a magic paper,your job is even less secure than you imagined.

i agree with you, but i didnt know what the situation is for foreigners to come to vietnam and lets say.. he or she would like to start a job in teaching english. Ofcourse having a degree doesnt say much, its how you sell yourself during a job interview and such. But from what i understand, what you are saying is that teachers these days in vietnam who teaches english... have it pretty hard unless you are lucky enough to teach in a international school or something like that.. that ensures you that you will have work and a stable income, right?

With that being said, that sounds kinds bad >.< i do wonder for foreigners or someone like me. A young ambitious european with vietnamese roots, parents, full blood vietnamese, etc with a bachelor education in management, economics and law and also have more then 3 years of commerce experience.... what chances do i have in vietnam to work and what area of exertise would you or any other person reading this.. recommend me to search for work etc.?

thanks in advance!

Tuan04 wrote:
jimbream wrote:
Tuan04 wrote:

i agree with you, but i didnt know what the situation is for foreigners to come to vietnam and lets say.. he or she would like to start a job in teaching english. Ofcourse having a degree doesnt say much, its how you sell yourself during a job interview and such. But from what i understand, what you are saying is that teachers these days in vietnam who teaches english... have it pretty hard unless you are lucky enough to teach in a international school or something like that.. that ensures you that you will have work and a stable income, right?

With that being said, that sounds kinds bad >.< i do wonder for foreigners or someone like me. A young ambitious european with vietnamese roots, parents, full blood vietnamese, etc with a bachelor education in management, economics and law and also have more then 3 years of commerce experience.... what chances do i have in vietnam to work and what area of exertise would you or any other person reading this.. recommend me to search for work etc.?

thanks in advance!

Last week the 90 millionth Vietnamese national was born.
Uni's are full to overflowing.My suggestion is find what you can to support yourself,then move into an area that takes more interest or more money.The days of doing the job you love for the rest of your life are over.Be content that whatever you do is beneficial.