Top hiring sectors in Milan

Hi,

let's talk about job opportunities in Milan.

What are the top hiring sectors?

And according to you, what are the most promising job sectors, which will keep creating jobs in Milan?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience,

Julien

Definitely English teaching. I seem to be getting asked all the time as an English mother tongue speaker if I am available for lessons, there are more and more English language schools, and the Italian schools put a lot of value on having an EMT teacher available (as in my case). The level of English being taught in Italian schools in general is very minimal compared to other countries in Western Europe, but I believe this could be about to change as Italy realizes the importance of learning English at a young age.

I definitely agree with Cath: at the moment here in Italy the best you can do in order to make the best out of your school education it's get a certificate and give a try to teaching even better if you're english mother tongue speaker.
Other sectors are still too much depending on the level of italian you're able to offer and most of the time only big companies are willing to hire people from abroad (senior roles, better if from UE since it's more than just hard to get a work visa).

Hi Cath_Ewen and Sdre,

Thank you for your participation :)

Have a nice day.

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

You're very welcome.
Have a nice day too.

Andrea