Starting business in Prague

Hi friends,

Just have searched a forum to find a piece of info about immigration to Czech republic and hope here I can find some answers on my questions. I highly appreciate all answers.

Well I am from Armenia (former Soviet republic) and think about moving to Western Europe.

1 Does Czech language is alike Russian and is it easy to learn for Russian speakers?
2. Are there any international schools based on English for kids?
3. Is the profession of hairdresser required in Czech republic and is it possible to rent some office for beauty saloon and what it will cost?
Also thinking about travel business, especially outgoing tourism to Caucasus. smile

I wanna start business in Prague and permanently live there, please let me know if there are some law offices or business consulting offices who can help with formalities.

Thank you very much in advance for your help

[moderated: no free ads please]

I have just found your previous post, I think I can answer your questions (as it seems nobody else wants to:))
1. The languages are very similar, I am Russian myself and after about 10 months living here I can comunicate (yes, and I am visiting CZ courses)
2.Don't have children yet:), but I heard there are such schools here.
3.This profession is VERY popular here I think, so many hairdressing salons I saw only in Paris.
As for living and doing business in Praha, I would rather recommend Brno, - easy to establish your self, prices for rents and living are about half of Praha's, and Vienna is much closer (1,5 hours drive to airport) then Praha.. You know, it is Morava, not Czechia, and I am getting  proud to be one of the locals:))
If you need any futher information feel free to ask, I really fall in love with this country and people (especially girls:)) And that beer.....
Pavel

stepan.pavel wrote:

I have just found your previous post, I think I can answer your questions (as it seems nobody else wants to:))
1. The languages are very similar, I am Russian myself and after about 10 months living here I can comunicate (yes, and I am visiting CZ courses)
3.This profession is VERY popular here I think, so many hairdressing salons I saw only in Paris.
As for living and doing business in Praha, I would rather recommend Brno, - easy to establish your self, prices for rents and living are about half of Praha's, and Vienna is much closer (1,5 hours drive to airport) then Praha.. You know, it is Morava, not Czechia, and I am getting  proud to be one of the locals:))
If you need any futher information feel free to ask, I really fall in love with this country and people (especially girls:)) And that beer.....
Pavel

Pavel thanks again for you willingness to help, yes actually nobody wanted before :)

And I have read your previous posts so know about your Czech courses:)), that's good languages are similar cos I speak Russian pretty well. I  found pics of Brno and it seems to be very nice, also nice to hear prices are much more lower than in Prague.
Again thanks very much for your friendly responds, think I will need some further information and some more advice.

stepan.pavel wrote:

Pavel

SO here i come again to bother.. hope i will get more help from you Pavel.. did you Finnish your language course CZ4 foreigners?? and your freelance visa to Company visa?? Do guide me how it work?

No problems Odan, I gladly answer your questions. I am still attending the courses, like them very much (teacher is really lovely girl and we sometimes have lessons in a pub drinking beer, - what would you like more?!:))
As for the company, yes, I feel like being fool when I decided to get freelance licence, not company. I had thought that with the licence will be less paperwork, accountancy and taxes. Now I know it is opposite! So now I am paying for my own wrong decision, fool pays twice.. Never mind, I just would not be happy if someone else will do the same mistake.
Bye for now, have to go to University.
Pavel

Hi Pavel, I wonder if I will find you bored from my endless questions, hope no :)

Please could you let us know what kind of reports should you give to tax service and how often?
And also are there any business consultants which help with the idea where to invest and what to do? I have heard bureaucratic offices are difficult to deal with.

Thanks,
Nun

Hi Nun,
no problems, just keep asking:)
There are 2 types of financial reports here: VAT, which you have to make every 3 months, and Income report, due to be delivered by 31.03 each year.
Have no expirience with the taxmen  so far, so can't tell you about beurocrats:)
There might be  business consultants nearby, but I never trusted any consultants, prefer look around myself and do what I figure out is a good business.
Or just ask guys on the forum:)))

Cheers,
Pavel

Hi Pavel,

I'm really glad we got in touch here in forum.
You know there are cheap flights from November to March and I was thinking to come next November to look around, so you just proved my idea :).
You also gave the second option to ask guys from the forum, I see no other helpful guy in this forum but for you :))) so should I ask you?

Cheers,
Nune

Nun wrote:

Hi Pavel,

I'm really glad we got in touch here in forum.
You know there are cheap flights from November to March and I was thinking to come next November to look around, so you just proved my idea :).
You also gave the second option to ask guys from the forum, I see no other helpful guy in this forum but for you :))) so should I ask you?

Cheers,
Nune

You are 100% right NUN.. Pavel is my life saver too.. from him I am getting more positive wibes and idea about czech and i am making my mind more and more before i move!!

Nun, that's always a good idea to come first and see with your own eyes what is going on..Before you go let me know, I might help you with accommodation if you like, of course.
Pavel

Hi Pavel,

Thank you so much for offered help with the accommodation. it's always great to have even very little support in the city where you know no one. Now I know some nice and helpful guy there :))

As for you recent help option, to ask guys from the forum:
Please kindly let me know what do you think about travel and ticketing agency business in Brno. Do people there travel much and if they would be interested in traveling to Caucasus (Armenia, Georgia) and Middle Asia (Uzbekistan Kazakhstan Kirghistan)?
Also I am thinking of opening some little bakery or restaurant serving Armenian national dishes.
OMG I should manage the mess in my head or I'd go crazy soon :)))

Thanks very much in advance Pavel
Nune

Hi Nun,
I know a couple of young CZ guys who went to Altaj or Krym last summer, seems that such exotic (for Czechs) destination become popular. Not sure about Caucasus, probably it worth to think it throw.. I believe once a tourist get there, he or she will love it for the rest of thier life..:)
As far as I know there is no Armenian restaurant or Cafe or bakery in Brno.. Although many Armenians live here, their field of business seems to be limited with selling fruits and vegetables. But only locally grewn, so you have no chance to buy hamem (kindza) here, and I tend to grow it on a balcony:))   (for modertators, it is not a drug, just very tasty herb, which you call koreandr:)))
Bye for now,
Pavel

Pavel I am wondering you know Armenian words even, the herb which you mentioned we call it hamem )), and growing it in balcony is a good idea, suppose I will do the same too )))

Thanks much for your comments on my ideas, every little piece of information is very helpful in this case!
So I suppose you were in the Caucasus, yes? Next time if you decide to come, just let me know )) You will be the guest of our family, I will guide you in Yerevan and also to some sites out of the city )))

Cheers,
Nune

Thank you Nun for kind invitation, of course I am planning to visit Armenia, but later.. Now my thoughts and plans are towards the West.:)
How is the weather there? It is increadibly warm in CZ, 10-11 degrees every day, and all this in February?! What is gonna be over the Summer I wonder?
Bye for now,
Pavel

stepan.pavel wrote:

Thank you Nun for kind invitation, of course I am planning to visit Armenia, but later.. Now my thoughts and plans are towards the West.:)
How is the weather there? It is increadibly warm in CZ, 10-11 degrees every day, and all this in February?! What is gonna be over the Summer I wonder?
Bye for now,
Pavel

Hi Pavel.. I must say you are a live saver..... youguiding us really well... hats off!!! great job......

No problem guys :)  always ready to help when I can..

You're quite right Odan it's always to have some open minded and friendly person around in forum :)

Pavel I join to Odan's words.
btw the weather is just perfect for February, sunny and warm)) so you schedule tour visit

I must warn you, even when you open the company in the Czech Republic, there is no assurance of that you will receive a residence permit. I know personally 3 people who had failed even if they fulfilled all conditions. 2 of them it had to give up and last one still trying even that it cost him money and it's been two years since he buy company. In the moment
they also rejecting him the short-term visa. Even if he never had a problem with the authorities or the police in the Czech or elsewhere and also was in many Western European countries and the U.S. And they only replied that they are not obliged to disclose reasons for a decision. Personally I know those 3 people and I read all official documents. There is no law that guarantees long-term visa or residence. Keep this in mind !

mosu wrote:

I must warn you, even when you open the company in the Czech Republic, there is no assurance of that you will receive a residence permit. I know personally 3 people who had failed even if they fulfilled all conditions. 2 of them it had to give up and last one still trying even that it cost him money and it's been two years since he buy company. In the moment
they also rejecting him the short-term visa. Even if he never had a problem with the authorities or the police in the Czech or elsewhere and also was in many Western European countries and the U.S. And they only replied that they are not obliged to disclose reasons for a decision. Personally I know those 3 people and I read all official documents. There is no law that guarantees long-term visa or residence. Keep this in mind !

Hi Mosu,

Thanks for your value able reply...!!! Its good t hear some straight forward views....!!

hi mosu!

Thanks for helpful information, though it is a bit disappointing but it's always better to know what kind of problems will be net there...

Hello Nun,

try to contact my friend Veronika - [email protected] ... she can give you some more advices on email for free of course :)

To your questions ....

1 Does Czech language is alike Russian and is it easy to learn for Russian speakers?

Czech language is a bit different from Russian language but if you try - it will be a bit easier for you I think :)

2. Are there any international schools based on English for kids?

Of course in Prague you can find many international schools based on English - for example http://www.cisprague.org/

3. Is the profession of hairdresser required in Czech republic and is it possible to rent some office for beauty saloon and what it will cost?

In Prague there is many beauty saloons but everything is about the spot where you will place yours :) And the costs - it depends how you want to do the business - but the rent of some space not in the center would be around 15  000 CZK/month and you would propably need some equipment as well, this is realy hard to say ....

Also thinking about travel business, especially outgoing tourism to Caucasus.

As a travel agency you need to pay realy high insurance but this is another option for sure!

Hi Paeta,

Thank you for your reply and a contact. I assume I will need professional help when I take first steps to Czech Republic :).
Also thanks for pointing out every question, it smells too professional ;)

stepan.pavel wrote:

No problems Odan, I gladly answer your questions. I am still attending the courses, like them very much (teacher is really lovely girl and we sometimes have lessons in a pub drinking beer, - what would you like more?!:))
As for the company, yes, I feel like being fool when I decided to get freelance licence, not company. I had thought that with the licence will be less paperwork, accountancy and taxes. Now I know it is opposite! So now I am paying for my own wrong decision, fool pays twice.. Never mind, I just would not be happy if someone else will do the same mistake.
Bye for now, have to go to University.
Pavel

Hi Pavel!

I read that you are paying taxes as a freelancer. I'm a freelance journalist thinking about moving to Prague. If you don't mind saying, what percentage are you paying in taxes? I know there is a 15% flat personal income tax, but then do you also have to pay social insurance? I read somewhere that social insurance is about 43% for self-employed people which sounds like way too much, I hope it's a lie :D

If you or someone else in this forum have some links that explain the taxes for self-employed people, that would be fantastic. I've been looking for them on the internet and could not find anything useful. Thank you so much!

Thank you!
Dario

Dario,
after paying that social and health insurance for a couple of months (and yes, it is a lot of money, minimum you MUST pay is about 3800 CZK) I registered a LTD company, which doesn't produce profit (0 income tax) and I do not have to pay social, which makes my monthly expenditures quite affordable - some 1600 CZK. 
Here you can find details about tax system:
http://www.businessinfo.cz/en/managing- … taxes.html

Hope it helped:)
Bye,
Pavel

:lol:

hasan63 wrote:

:lol:

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Could you please introduce yourself to the forum with a little information about yourself. Thank you.

Hi Pavel,

You registered a LTD company that means L.L.C. Isn't it Could you please clear for this?

Thanks.

Me and my wife is planning to set up a company (SRO) and sell clothes for the kids in a store. We have contacted many agents, consultants in Prague. They all told us that we should set up the company first and then apply for a long-term visa for a stay over 90 days. Then we will apply for a long term residence in Czech Republic. We have a son 6 year old and we want to enroll him to the public school when we obtain residence permit. Is there anyone here who went thorough this before to share us?
We will export the clothes from Turkey.