Request information on PVP - Visa (Professional Visit Pass)

Hi

I am from India and working in USA and my company is planning to send me on an assignment to Kuala Lumpur and the assignment duration is 5 months with possible extension. My company is filing for my PVP-Professional Visit Pass. I hold an Indian passport.

Reading from Malaysian Visa documentation, I understand that an assignment duration of 6 or more months by default helps me get PVP multiple entry visa, but my company is not willing to do extend the duration at this time.

What are some good reasons/justification that i can include in my PVP application to obtain a "multiple entry PVP" visa ?

The whole reason am trying to gain this info is for me to be able to travel around and also visit my home country (India) while am on an assignment in KL.

Greatly appreciate your help/suggestions.

Thanks,

You have aleady answered your own question.  The company is filing for a 5 month employment pass and they wont extend. Immigration will take their lead from your Company's invitation or request to carry out work in Malaysia. The only thing you could do is question the amount of annual leave you will be taking while in Malaysia and ask for that to be added to their application letter e.g. 2 days per month = 2 weeks on annual leave during the assignment so it could be 5 months 2 weeks long.

I had applied for job in Malaysia in Hospitality Industry for Chef and it's been over 3 months. The agencies said the visa type will be PVP  and it take 60 working days but it more than 70 days. So they said after 60 working days I will get my approval letter then I can apply for my PvP visa.
But I don't know the process is genuine or fake even I haven't got any update mail till now. So does the approval takes this long or it's just a scam ??
I would be really thankful if u can help me out in any way .

Sounds like a scam as you can't apply for PVP personally. The employer has to apply.

However new rules mean that foreign cooks can't get work permits at the moment and many foreign chefs are having to leave Malaysia

https://www.expatgo.com/my/2019/01/22/s … ple-steps/

No the employer have applied for my PvP visa but I don't have any update about it, does the PvP visa comes under work permit ??

No a PVP is not the same as an Employment Pass. It is for non-salaried positions normally such as secondments where the current employer would continue to pay salary.

https://esd.imi.gov.my

Check out the Quick Guide for full details

Okay
Thank you so much

How long does the immigration officer takes to give the approval for PvP visa to the employer ?

There is no timescale given. It can take months especially if Indian citizens need security clearance and a Calling Visa.

The issue is probably the new rule about foreign chefs and cooks not to be employed. It's to protect job market for locals or holders of longterm visas

Thank you for the information