Preparing Ahead for London Life!

Hello all,
My name is Amanda and I am moving to London England in April 2014. I am a 26 year old female currently residing in Canada and have lived here all my life.  I have travelled a lot in my life but this will be my first time living/working abroad.  I would like to get to know some people through e-mails and chat prior to my arrival. One of my goals living in London is to travel around Europe, if that interests you - let me know.       

Some of my interests:
Pubs
Cinema
Theatre
TRAVEL   :)
Exercise

Look forward to talking to all of you!
Cheers,

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

If you have any question or seeking for help with accommodation or else please feel free to post on the London Forum :)

All the best !

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hallo

Iam Mahadi & living in Berlin.! Iam traveling through Eu since 2009 i landed last year in Germany where i currently live.If Germany is one of your plans you r very much welcome.I can show you around.Berling is a different world!!!!
I can play the bridge with friends in Holland,Narowy,France and maybe england too!

all the best & take care

Hi Amanda

I have been living in London for a few years now. Should you have any question regarding life in London. please don't hesitate to contact me

As yourself I do have an interest in cinema, theatre and travelling. Although I don't do much travelling at the moment

Cheers

Hi Amanda,

Many congratulations on deciding to move to London for work.
I am sure you will find it exciting to live and work in London.

Please feel free to get in touch should you need any help or information.

Looking forward to meet you when you are in London.

Best,
Anil.

Hey Amanda, congrats!  You are going to have an amazing time.  I would suggest that you start reading London blogs if you haven't already of course.  I've found that reading other expat London blogs has been helpful to get to know the city.  Also to connect with people.  I've met a few people through my blog so I think that can be a good way to connect with new people as well.  Where in Canada are you from?

Hello there,

Thanks for replying to my posting :) 
I was wondering if you can give me advise on which areas are safe but still decently priced to rent in?  Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated! (since ya never know if you can trust what real-estate agents offer) If you have any questions to help narrow it down let me know. 

Cheers,
Amanda

I am from Stouffville Ontario - about a 30 minute drive North/East of Toronto. 

Look forward to chatting with you.  Any friendly advice is appreciated.

Cheers,

Germany (Berlin) is definetly on my "places to visit" list!

Some others are: Paris, Amsterdam, Dublin, Zurich, Prague, Rome, Barcelona & Ibiza. Did I mention that I like to travel?  haha Any other recommendations?

That's good, plenty of opportunities to get out of London cheaply.  Travel around the UK is great too.  I'm hoping to go to Scotland next year.

Welcome to london amanda

Hi Amanda, wishing you a good time

crime figures in London are quite unreliable we have pick Pockets and petty crime in Central London and violent crime in other areas.
As a rule if the property is cheap then it might be a bad location.
Places to avoid renting are Brixton, Camden, Peckham, Elephant and Castle, Woolwich, Wood Green, Hackney, Croydon.
All parts of London  have good and bad areas. Typically bad areas are the first to be re developed so have good areas and bad.