Visa for Infant

Dear All Forum Member,

I have a situation for which I am not getting answer anywhere. May be someone had the similar situation and can provide me with some guidence or advice.
( Indians )
My brother in law is on temporary work permit in SA and his wife is on dependent visa, Now in July my sister delivered a baby boy and we are in process to make his indian passport through indian embassy in SA. Now my question comes, my sister want to visit india and while returning how the infant can come back. Do we need to apply for visitor visa or get the dependent visa while she is still in SA.

Please guide me or share any information regarding this.

Thanking you all in advance.

SA Permits is full of nonsense. Normally, every child born in SA automatically should be issued SA ID. It is pitty that ANC hijacked everything.

[Moderated: not appropriated]

If the child was born in South Africa to Indian parents, they should have registered the child with the Indian consulate as soon as possible to ensure that she or he is considered an Indian citizen.  Once registered, getting a passport should be the same as it is for an adult.

Thanks for your reply. Yes we are in the process of the getting the passport. Problem is that my sister wants to come back for some urgent work to india and then return to SA. For my sister it is not a problem as she has dependent visa, but for kid it will be just indian passport and there my question come. Should they apply for dependent visa or when she is coming back she can apply for dependent/tourist visa for the kid.

Thanks

Kundan

If the child has an Indian passport, there should be no problem going to India.  A registered infant should already be on the mother's or father's dependent visa.

Thanks