Work Holiday in Australia

Hello Peeps!
I am 21 and want to visit Australia on a working holiday. I am an Economics Major from the leading college in India.
What kind of work should I be looking at or would be eligible for?
Also, how easy is it to get a working visa?

For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au

Hi dpka,

Welcome to Expat.com.

I would suggest you to post an advert in the section jobs in Australia.

I also invite you to read the following articles:
Labor market in Australia and Find a job in Australia.

Thank you and good luck :)

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hi....

I am a migration lawyer in Sydney. While I of course can't offer you formal migration advice over the Internet, I suggest that you check the Website for Australia's Department of Immigration and Border Protection. You will see that citizens of India are not eligible for working holiday visas - that type of visa is only available for citizens of certain listed countries and India is not one of them. There are a number of other options you could explore, including coming to Australia for further study (student visa) which would allow you to work 20 hours a week. Or you could see if you could find an employer that is willing to sponsor you under the 457 program for skilled workers, or put in an Expression of Interest to be considered to submit an application for a working visa through the Skill Select program.

I wish you good luck with your efforts to explore the possibility of working in Australia - as you probably know, there is a very large Indian community here!

Regards,

Michael Arch
Concordia Pacific