Auto Insurance

Hello everyone :)

My wife and I are planning on retiring in Belize and I plan on bringing down my Harley.Just a question on insurance.What or who should I say is the most reputable insurer in Belize and on average what do you pay per year.

Thanks for you help in advance :top:

I personally don't know anyone with a bike here, but you might be able to find the information you need on the Atlantic Insurance website, or you might try calling them.

Belize Car Insurance
atlanticinsurancebz.com/

Congrats on your decision to retire to Belize!  I think you will love it.  We had two cars insured there and I was surprised by how expensive it was.  About the same as the US market.  There is a minimum requirement by the GOB.  There are relatively few cars etc. on the road.  But, don't expect a break in premiums.  We found insurance there works just about like it does here. That is, if you have comparable insurance to what we had in the US.  As a "foreigner" you want to make sure you have really good insurance.  You don't want to tangle with a local and then have to go to Court.  Ouch...

RF&G are considered the best and who I use for insurance

I try to make it to Belize every year. My last trip in Nov. was spent in the Northern part of Belize. I finally saw my first full sized bike (Not a Harley). I have been riding Harleys for 30+yrs and would not consider taking one down there. The roads in the good weather are just too primitive for the suspension of a big bike. There are speed big speed bumps on the main highways. Be prepared for suspension issues I think. I can see tipping over in the villages because of the huge holes in the road surfaces and drivers are not THAT curteous! Good luck.

OMG LOL
Thanks for the heads up.
So bringing my Road Kind would be futile?
Realy dont want to sell her but I guess Ill have to.

Thank you