Best time to visit Malta

Greetings and good day to all the wonderful people in Malta!!!
Just wondering what is the best time of the year to visit Malta when it is less crowded and chaotic and hotel rooms available and properties in abundance etc. and streets are empty and cafes and bars chasing cats around.  What a wonderful scene!!!!!!!!!!!

best to visit in winter.

September as most things are open but there isn't many people
About as schools have started up again.

I would say April, May and October. Nice weather and not too many tourists.

lambada wrote:

I agree, swimming yesterday in lovely warm water and temp in the 30's.

Yes, May and October. Although October can be risky with weather (not this year though!) The sea is 27C, bars and things are still open after the season. May is usually more reliable for weather but the sea is cold and the air can be windy. Bars have not started to open, so quieter.

lambada wrote:

Quite agree with that. Do not agree about September!

It all depends on what you want from yuor visit some people like winter here some people like summer - some prefer the middle ground of april may and october.... me personally I prefer may and october and early part of november

I suggest spring time (March, April, May) to come to Malta. The weather is neither too hot nor too cold and it will be a bit greener than usual :)

I also like best October and November because it's not too hot anymore (September is still too hot and humid), the sea temperature is still good for a swim, it starts becoming green around and the occasional rain cleans the air and the streets. Ideal months for outdoor activities.

After the wet and cold winter (which also has its advantages) I also like (March) April and May because the landscape is green and blooming and temperature stays over 20 degree again. Still too cold for swimming but perfect for country walks :)