Resident card - need some help

Hi

I will be moving to Gozo in April next year and I plan to globe forest family.  My parents and sister will be joining me later in the year in July.  I want to be able to register them as resident ASAP and was wondering whether I would be able to do this on their behalf?  Also, is the place where you register as resident in Gozo  in Victoria near the bus station? 

Many thanks in advance

Sarah

Oh and by the way I will have an address in Gozo by this point!

I was going to say it wouldn't be a problem
till I thought into it a bit more. They need to sign
the paper work so I am not sure how you would do
that. But if you can get around that and get copy's
of there passports you could post it in.
Good luck ours have just come threw after 3 try's
The first 2 got lost! 7 months later we have them :)

By applying before they arrive they will be  signing to say they are living in Malta, when they are not.

You also have to sign the bottom of the form stating that the information you have given is true, when it won't be.

Its not a good idea to start your residency application in a country by lying on an official declaration, so I would wait until they arrive.

"beware your sins will find you out"
someone.

It was not my intention to lie!!!! I had just read the many problems people had faced and just wanted to get ahead of the game  as it had seemed like it was an incredibly lengthy process!!!  Living in Spain at the moment it was possible to apply for an appointment before you arrived and to sort out all of this stuff in advance. 

Anyway, thanks for your comments!

I will just apply for mine in April and then the rest of my family in July

Sarah

By the time you have arrived next year the backlog should be reduced and so will the waiting time!
There is no huge benefit to having a residency card, the main one being the reduction in Water and electric.
However a landlord that is amenable and helpful will be just as beneficial.
Good luck with the move.

Hi, best just wait until you are here and each apply in person as documents photos must be checked, apart from the signature issue of course. You will all have 90 days in which to apply and yes the office is near the bus station. Just takes a couple of minutes to walk up the hill and into the square. When you get here the office would have moved into the Passport Office (same area) and don't worry about appointments etc as at the moment there is hardly any waiting. We were seen within 20 minutes and received our temp certs in 4 weeks and expect cards any day now.
Obviously things may change but I honestly do not envisage you having any problems provided you submit all necessary documents and each attends in person.

Make sure you have all your paperwork before you apply - that is the easiest thing I can say.  I put my paperwork in three weeks ago and collected our cards today - the collection process is awful and there is no system, but persevere and good luck !!

:top: Good going.

Thats good news Chardor, sounds like they are speeding up the system for new applicants

rainbow3 wrote:

Thats good news Chardor, sounds like they are speeding up the system for new applicants

I am just so pleased that I don't have to go back til 2018 - they might have it sussed by then.

redmik wrote:

:top: Good going.

Couldn't have done it without all the support and advice on here, you are all priceless xx

Chardor wrote:
rainbow3 wrote:

I am just so pleased that I don't have to go back til 2018 - they might have it sussed by then.

Unless you move in that time of course :D

rainbow3 wrote:
Chardor wrote:
rainbow3 wrote:

Unless you move in that time of course :D

Poop hopefully I won't have to, fingers crossed !