Finding a job and work sponsorship in the USA

I'm not sure what changes the Trump administration has made to the process but I have seen many J1 Visa holders working in the service industry in the US. This would be hotel housekeeping, restaurant workers, grounds keepers, etc.

Wah,,Thank you for information,,,so  i'm now in Maryland and my contract will be end in last this jun..so is impossible to find family to visa sponsor for me?
Thanks
Lidya

Hi...so like is impossible to get new family for visa sponsor ? I will be 3 years working nanny in Maryland...in end this Jun. You right I send my cv everywhere,,, and no family contact me...
Thanks
Lidya

Are you currently in the US as au-pair?

I'm domestic diplomat employer, visa A3....

Yes,,,In Maryland and must going back in Indonesia in the end Jun, my contract job will be finish in the end Jun.Thanks

Great information.

Thank you!

Have you considered applying to work on cruise ships? The cruise I went on a few years ago had hired many Indonesians for onboard staff. They do have childcare centers.

Hello every body, can you tell me where I can find civil engineering societies ( government or private ) who could accept a new green card citizen.

Thank you...what is email address for that? and how I contact them for apply cv?...

I found the website,,,i will to check now. Thank you

Van you tell me which web site you have found

Hi there 33711,

I see this is a post from last year. How far are you in your journey now?

It would be lovely to hear as I'm also just entering the rat race :)

Ahmedmoussa_061 wrote:

I currently am in America, if anybody want some help, getting there i may be able to help in one way or another. Contact me by mail ***

Hi there,

How are you able to assist exactly?

Hi,

If a US company hires a foreigner in the middle of the year, say Jul/Aug, then how can a company moves him to the US the same year considering that H1B will be filed next year in April?

Thanks

H1B capped category - April is only approval or lottery (if applications exceed available visas). Start date will be October of that year.

To answer your question - the employee will come to the US and start in October if on H1B capped category. There is no bridge visa.

Dear all,

I want to move to any country like austrailia, canada, etc what is the procedure that i can find some sponsor for job. or either i should apply for student visa.

FiazAnsari wrote:

Dear all,

I want to move to any country like austrailia, canada, etc what is the procedure that i can find some sponsor for job. or either i should apply for student visa.

You need to ask in the forums of those countries, this forum is dedicated to USA only.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

There are many different types of visas reserved for various jobs, lengths of stay, and countries of origin. The U.S. has over sixty types of non-immigrant visas alone. Maneuvering around and applying for these visas can be difficult, if not impossible for a single individual. More often than not, workers interested in acquiring a work visa have to apply for work with an international recruiter. Recruiters are usually able to offer them a position in a U.S. business, and can provide aid and advice in choosing a status and location.

Simoncic wrote:

There are many different types of visas reserved for various jobs, lengths of stay, and countries of origin. The U.S. has over sixty types of non-immigrant visas alone. Maneuvering around and applying for these visas can be difficult, if not impossible for a single individual. More often than not, workers interested in acquiring a work visa have to apply for work with an international recruiter. Recruiters are usually able to offer them a position in a U.S. business, and can provide aid and advice in choosing a status and location.

Nice spam.

Simoncic wrote:

Are you kidding us?

To find a job in US, you must be high-graduate, have specific skills or that employer proves he doesn't find ANY american/resident to do the job.

Hi my friends,
I am a young Moroccan graduate in English studies.
I get double graduations in English studies and an acadimc certificate of teachers of English language.
I can speak Arabic tamazight frensh and English languages.

Appreciated in advance

Hello,

You must contact language schools which teach Arabic. Only a school can sponsor you.

Is there any school that teaches Arabic language to sponsor me, teaching that language  in USA.
I am a young Moroccan holder of double graduations in English studies and an acadimc certificate of teachers of English language.
My experience in reinforcing lessons  enables me to successfully teach.
Please contact me privately if you are interested?

There are already a lot of Arabian people in USA who can teach Arabic. Moreover, you don't have Arabic studies/teaching graduation (ideally Master) You can't teach Arabic as English. Do you know didactics and all concerning arabic linguistics? You should get an Arabic Teaching for Foreigner graduate.

I totally agree with you,  but I posted to work as teacher of arabic language because I have its basics  and I know some friends of me whom I used to study with teaching now in USA although they are not graduate in arabic major. 
I appreciate institutes different requirements to teach Arabic language. Yet I am  pessimistic to find one institute which is ready to interview me before putting into practice my qualifications.
Anyway thanks for your reply

What graduations have your friends? Where the work? What visas have they? After, you can candidate to all languages schools, universites, college and secondary schools which teach Arabic.

It asks a lot of work of research, but no pain no gain ;)

can I get a work visa without entering the may/april lottery?

SebastianPNP wrote:

can I get a work visa without entering the may/april lottery?

It depends on your qualifications. Start researching with uscis.gov which gives details on all visa options.

I am Canadian with a Chemistry degree in MS looking for a position near San Francisco to Fremont, California as I will soon be moving to US.
I've been submitting resumes through Indeed and Linkedin, but haven't heard anything. Could I get some tips how to get at least interviews?
I am currently living in Ontario working at the pharmaceutical company.

Yet, it is easier for a Canadian to find a job in US than  all other countries... But if companies have not vacancies, they don't answer you... But don't be focused on such a little area.

To work in USA, you have not to be exigent about the location...

Thank you for the reply.
One more question is that will I have a better chance finding in the US than looking for the job from Canada?  Near Fremont, CA is the area where I will be moving to, so I am considering up-to nearby cities.

abubakari hatibu wrote:

my name is abubakari i am a Tanzanian i finished form six i am looking fo a job any part in us and any job if i will get i will do it for my level best

Hello, you can't get any job in USA. You must be high-graduated and/or sponsor has to prove it doesn't find US citizen or residents for the position.

susanjeung wrote:

Thank you for the reply.
One more question is that will I have a better chance finding in the US than looking for the job from Canada?  Near Fremont, CA is the area where I will be moving to, so I am considering up-to nearby cities.

State in your resume that you are in the process of relocating and will not need visa sponsorship - assuming you do not.

Hello. I would like to get a job in the state of Utah ones as a nail technitian. Just I would like to get more information what the chances are in this field in Us to find a sponsor company. Does anyone know something about this? Thank you!

Anita2011 wrote:

Hello. I would like to get a job in the state of Utah ones as a nail technitian. Just I would like to get more information what the chances are in this field in Us to find a sponsor company. Does anyone know something about this? Thank you!

Please review requirements for employer sponsored visas on uscis.gov. There is no shortage of trained and certified nail techs in the US. Inexpensive training at almost every CC.

I have got accepted to work in US without sponsorship. However, it is very difficult to find a company that recruits an international students and pays the same amount as native candidates. There can be two reasons: 1. Many companies, especially small companies, are hesitate to hire a foreign employees as they think that they can do a lot of complicated paperwork; 2. Our experiences in homeland are not valued in US. What the author said that it is difficult for us to find a job within 3 months is true

hi im sherry from philipiines looking for a job in usa.im 36 single parent.im willing to work in usa any position of job.

STEFFIFI wrote:

Hello, you can't get any job in USA. You must be high-graduated and/or sponsor has to prove it doesn't find US citizen or residents for the position.