Visa

I hope somebody can guide me here. I am planning to move to Thailand in the very near future. Been there 3 times,I just love the people and the Country..
Planning to come there and obtain a TEFL Certificate to teach English. The question is I am non native English Speaker. But I have passed Cambridge 'O' Level certificate in English, and I believe my English is pretty good, writing and speaking.
Would there be a problem in getting a job?.
And what is the best visa that I should apply to get entry into Thailand. I hold a Canadian and UK Passports..
Many Thanks.

Also I should be coming over to Pattaya and Bangkok early December for 2-3 weeks for a quick holiday before I move over early next year for good..

Hey how are you?i think work permit non b visa you can apply

firoznanji wrote:

I hope somebody can guide me here. I am planning to move to Thailand in the very near future. Been there 3 times,I just love the people and the Country..
Planning to come there and obtain a TEFL Certificate to teach English. The question is I am non native English Speaker. But I have passed Cambridge 'O' Level certificate in English, and I believe my English is pretty good, writing and speaking.
Would there be a problem in getting a job?.
And what is the best visa that I should apply to get entry into Thailand. I hold a Canadian and UK Passports..
Many Thanks.

Teaching as a non-native speaker? Yes it's possible however your choice of work opportunities would be limited.

Do you have a degree(any subject)?

If not this will further limit the options that might present themselves.

Try a little research atAjarn to get a feel for what might be available to you.

BTW the TEFL cert is probably a waste of cash as far as qualification go BUT it is useful for honing teaching skills and brushing up on English grammar if you chose a good course.

Thanks for the Reply.
I am coming to Thailand early Dec. and hope to ask many
questions regarding TEFL and English teaching in schools or ???
Regards.

Hi firoznanji,

I would suggest you to read the article about studying in Thailand.

Thank you and good luck :)

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team