Which one do you rather to live? NZ or AUS? why?

Any idea?

Whether you prefer one country to another depends on your age, cultural values, ethics, social preferences, previous standard of living etc.

As a woman in her 50's, my experience is very different to that of my sons who like totally different things. I love the weather and the slower pace of life.

My youngest son, after spending 18months here, and despite having a job, friends and a reasonable social life, has no money, is bored and ready to leave. He says the only things he will miss are the weather and having a job.

My older son who has a job, friends and a reasonable social life would prefer to stay, but is leaving because of the high cost of living and low pay.

We have all visited Autralia, but have not lived or worked there so cannot make any comparisons.

Perhaps if you researched the government website for each country you might find the answers you are looking for.

I have lived in both countries - 30 yrs NZ, and 20 years Oz.  Australia is blessed as the land of opportunity and indeed it is.  If you can cope with long- often hot - summers, which mean Europeans find difficult - then you would love it here.
Saying that I return to NZ four times a year as I miss the eccentricity and naturalness of the people (Aussies unusually reserved I've found in general)but perhaps its just that to me NZ will always be home. I also like the seasons and we don't get that here in Qld.  Also in NZ its cool for people of any age to go out - I find here in Oz its largely a youth culture and has been that since I've arrived (when I felt old but was in fact only 32!!).  Personally in my now long life I have been happiest in my short stint in the UK.  It solved problems re. me not liking hot climates, but was also vibrant and the Brits have a great sense of humour and are very cultural (in general).  So that's it from me.  Everyone is different - try both for a year and see which one is best!

Sorry in the above - I meant to say "Many" and not "mean!" before the word Europeans. The eyesight not the best!

Hi Anne

Just as a matter of interest, if you miss all these things in NZ, why do you chose to live in Oz?

I have an Aussie partner and he and my son love it here.  I suppose if that wasn't the case I would be in the UK (my favourite place) and then perhaps back in NZ later.  But its okay here - very harmless, not very exciting.  One just has to leave regularly - (10 times in about five years at least!)
I have become a bit involved in the music scene here and that is making it more interesting for me.  And musos are quirky creatures which I like.  Anyhow its only $350 on Jetstar away - cheaper than Melbourne in fact!  Cheers

AUSTRALIA for deffs.
why not?
we have kangas and goon and sausage sizzles and we paint outselfs green and have a awsome accent
newzealenders sound like a evil version of us
haha , but seriously you guys have have flight of the conchrods which is groovy

Dr Acular wrote:

newzealenders sound like a evil version of us

Haha!!

The two places are chalk and cheese. Ok, they have a few things in common with each other but they are totally different countries and not interchangeable.

It really depends on who you are and what you want out of a country, I'd say don't restrict yourself to either of them, the world is changing.

Only been to Oz on a holiday, but I have to say, I found it cosmopolitan, vibrant and exciting compared to NZ.  Although I am sure that would not apply to living in the outback. :cool:

Many more opportunity's in Australia

My relatives and lots of them are actually in New Zealand though I would still choose to be in Australia any given day.

I guess this is because I think, no offense to those who are from NZ, the place can be tad boring.  I have heard my younger cousins complain that you do not get that much activity and they would eventually run out.

I am an adrenaline junkie and I think that there are far more options in Australia than in NZ.

I think both countries are cool places, its your lifestyle matters. NZ is beautiful and peaceful, which may suit someone enjoying the quietness and slow lifestyles. However, compare with large cosmopolitans,lacking opportunities and entertainment can be frustrating for others.

Personally, I would go to a country with better employment opportunities and economy as I still have to work hard for my future career, though I don't quite enjoy the "awesome" accent Dr Acular described. I would rather keep my chinglish accent ;)by the way! 

Kiwis and OZs are good fun! Your lawn always is greener than your neighbors!

Having lived in both for some time, I can honestly say Australia wins hands down. The opportunities here in Australia are amazing and I love the climate. New Zealand is a beautiful place to visit and the people are lovely, however I found it introverted in its approach to life and felt my children had a better future here.