Mountain trekking in Bali by end of october

Dear all,
is anybody interested to do mountain trekking in Bali between 28 - 3 november? i am desperately looking for activity friends or if anyone can recommend me a cheap trekking tour in Bali, and yes I will be by myself.

I am not aware of organised treks at end of October in Bali, but there are a couple of great volcanos to do. Gunung Agung on Bali and Gunung Rianjani (spelling probably wrong) on Lombok.

Local guides are reasonably cheap, you just need to do some web work to find one.

PM me if you want more info.

Good luck

I did google for some local guide and all say minimum 2 people :(

You can definitely hire a guide to take you, (and only you) up to summit Gunung Agung...that's for sure, and one would be nuts to do this alone...or even with friends unfamiliar with the trails.

I certainly agree with Roy there. Don't try the volcano alone, it is very easy to get lost on the way down, so take a guide. Of course they will take just you

Agung is possible as an overnight trek, starting 11pm you will be back down between 12 and 3 the next day depending how fast you are

You can also do it as a 2 day trip and camp near the top...

thanks for the advice..I will start easy with batur then Agung :)

I did hike Batur with another person , we used a guide because they said its a must. Though when you are hiking with a local friend, its really not necessary to use one.
I cant remember how much we paid but the guides are standing by near the office at the entrance. You'd get to boil eggs once you reach the top, steam some bananas and served instant noodle with no additional cost. There are lots of wild monkeys and dogs up there, take care of of your belongings.  The Bintang beer that served up there is a rip off, never order one!

Thanks for the info :) I visit Bali many times and its kinda sad that I never trekking to mountains there..so now the time! :)

Anytime :-)
Hope you will find a hiking friend soon.

Have fun!

boiled banana and steam bananas seems the most common breakfast offered as part of trekking package :) Also bread with 'coklat meses' and thermos of bali coffee when I took mount agung.
batur indeed, much easier and shorter than agung, 2-3 hours hike.
For mount agung, its easier to go from behind pura pasar agung.
And yea, never trekking alone.

enjoy n looking for your trekking story ;)