Summer rental in Italy

Hi all,

I would like to spend 2 months in the summer in Italy to get an idea of what it might be like moving there permanently. I realize that it can get expensive in July and August, but really it has to be during the kids school holidays.

Any suggestions of where to start the search for affordable short term rentals? What sort of rent would I be looking at?

I don't mind where, but ideally near the coast...I've looked at Sicily, since it appears to be cheaper than the rest of Italy, but would prefer somewhere where it would be easy to get about and see other cities on the weekends. I will be working for the most part, so reliable internet is really a deciding factor.

Any tips on where to look much appreciated, since all I have found so far is long term and very short term options (which get really expensive over the 2 month period)

Thanks in advance!

Hi Nicosia
You could check this website sardiniabreaks.com
But you really are tripling or more your costs by going at this time. Between mid july to mid August is the one period every year that you can guarantee rentals so you cannot reduce rates even for a relatively long stay.good luck
Paul

Hi Paul,

Yep - I guessed as much. Unfortunately no other time we can go :-(

Many thanks for the link, though - I'll check it out!

Hi Nicosia, I know an home available in Circeo coast 80 Km southern Rome, on the sea..nice touristic place, located between Rome and Naples - both reachable by train)..it is a small apartment for 2-5 people...write me on [email protected]

Ciao
M.

[Moderated: no free ad pls]