Not Sure What to get as a Visa

Hi everyone, well now here's a question about visa'a. Ok, so there are 2, hospitals for sale one near Manila, the Other one in Bacoor. Both are secondary hospitals. Well ansyways, what kind of a visa should I explore, a retirement visa, i am 65, or a business one? Or should I get a retirement visa then buy one of them? Or should just get a Immigration Attorney and pay him to figure it out. I want to go the easiest way.With the least resistance. Thanks you giving me any assistance you may have or insight.I like easy. Mark

Hi,

I would suggest the business one. Processing of your visa is not much tedious than the retirement visa. You don't have to deposit large amount of money at the time of processing of your business visa, unlike the retirement visa you need to show upfront money before they process it.

If your hesitant of investing with Filipino partners, the Bureau of Investment new ruling stated that "foreigners can own 100% equity in companies engaged in almost all types of business activities, except those prescribed in the Foreign Investment  Negative List (FINL)

The Foreign Investment  Act states that, if the activity to be engaged in  is not included in the FINL, is more than 40% foreign-owned,  and will cater to domestic market, the capital required is at least USD 200,000.00. The capital may be lowered to USD 100,000.00 if the activity involves advance technology OR employs at least 50 direct employees.

A 100% foreign owned corporation does not need to have Filipino directors though 3 of the directors must be Residents of the Philippines (means with permanent residence visa). Every Board member must own at least one share in the corporation.

Goodluck!