Info on sending money to Brazil

Not sure where to put this, so please mods, move where it needs to go!
My friend has been supporting a partner of his by sending money from the UK to Brazil. Basically it was school fees and then spending money for when he arrived.
Sending money to Brazil is expensive, in fact, sending money to any foreign country is expensive!
Here's how he did it cheapest!

Requirements - Recipient has Banco do Brasil current account.
Sender uses a Banco do Brasil branch in their country.

In London there is a Banco do Brasil. He went there and signed up to a sending account which was free. They allow you to send up to 20,000 reis per year at no charge! The exchange rate is better than the standard tourist rate (closer to the bank rate) and the money arrives the same day. You can go there with cash and just send the money as needed.
he actually sent the money to me as his partner only has an ITAU account, which either is unable to recieve the poayment or the charges are quite high (I think both) which I then passed on to his girl and deducted the cost of the inter-bank transfer which is around 12 reis per transfer below 2000 reis.

Hope this info helps!!

Arron

I did use transfast-eu from London to Brazil and the overall rate was much better than Banco do Brazil. It is certainly less safer than from bank to bank but much cheaper. You should double check that first.

Good call!! I think it was the no fee and the same day transfer that attracted my friend with BB, but this is totally worth checking out!