My Brazilian Carteira is still in my maiden name.

I have a question. I will be traveling in a month to renew my permanent residency visa in Brazil. My husband and I hope to move to Brazil in a few years. Because I have a young baby staying in the States while I travel, I am making a 24 hr trip there and back just to get my passport stamped. I hope that satisfies the requirement to get back into the country within 2 years.
My carteira is in my maiden name still, but is valid until 2016. I hope I can get a new carteira at the federal police on a later visit. For this trip I plan to take my carteira and my marriage certificate that I will have legalized as a Brazilian document.
I want to know if immigration will accept these documents for travel and that they will renew my permanent visa for another 2 years?

There is no renewal. Just the requirement you may not leave for over 2 years. There is nothing you need to do with the federal police.

You only need to visit immigration for renewal of your RNE after 10 years, at which you might be asked why you have a permanent visa if you don't live in Brazil.