Where to buy a nice dress for wedding reception?

My fiance is looking to buy a dress (not a wedding gown), in Saigon, Vietnam for our wedding reception.  Does anyone know a good place to buy good quality dresses?

hi , you may contact to my friend at Ngoc 0902797419 who help you to buy dresses and wedding reception you needs in HCMC. She is professinal wedding , fun , really friendly .

Phong Nguyen.

I have a friend who is fashion designer. You can see some of his dress here. One design have only one dress...
It's about 4 million VNĐ / dress...

http://hcm.eva.vn/thoi-trang/ntk-huy-tr … 46505.html

Your fiance can bring any pictures and ask him to make it too...
If you want to buy it...i will take u there...or give you his number. Trust me, the woman become more beautiful when wearing his dess...

mikeymyke wrote:

My fiance is looking to buy a dress (not a wedding gown), in Saigon, Vietnam for our wedding reception.  Does anyone know a good place to buy good quality dresses?

Judy.lovely wrote:

I have a friend who is fashion designer. You can see some of his dress here. One design have only one dress...
It's about 4 million VNĐ / dress...

http://hcm.eva.vn/thoi-trang/ntk-huy-tr … 46505.html

Your fiance can bring any pictures and ask him to make it too...
If you want to buy it...i will take u there...or give you his number. Trust me, the woman become more beautiful when wearing his dess...

Hands down, Áo dài makes the woman beautiful-est! 

http://congso.com/img/uploads/nguoi_mau_tao_dang_voi_ao_dai20121120154116.jpg

Here is a picture of the future Mrs. Trần Hưng Đạo.  She's the pretty one...with the pretty smile...and black hair. :D

mikeymyke, are you looking for a Western dress or Vietnamese dress?  Are you going for the traditional Vietnamese wedding or are you going to go tuxedo and white wedding gown more typical with the modern Western wedding?  The reception should match the wedding.  One has to be tailor made while the latter can be bought based on the size number.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

Here is a picture of the future Mrs. Trần Hưng Đạo.  She's the pretty one...with the pretty smile...and black hair. :D.

Are you serious, Tran Hung Dao? I am pretty, long black hair and love ao dai :)) hahahaha

mikeymyke wrote:

There are many designing fashion shops along Ly Tu Trong street (starting from Cach Mang Thang 8 street) and Hai Ba Trung street (near Tan Dinh market), your fiancee' can find for Western style or Vietnamese ao dai there, but the price is quite expensive. I would go directly to Le Van Sy street which is cheaper but having the same quality of fabric, it is easy to find the "ready to wear" with a little bit fixing or ask the tailor to make a new one at many fashion designing shops.

Judy.lovely wrote:

.... Trust me, the woman become more beautiful when wearing his dess...

aibiet150204 wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:

Here is a picture of the future Mrs. Trần Hưng Đạo.  She's the pretty one...with the pretty smile...and black hair. :D.

Are you serious, Tran Hung Dao? I am pretty, long black hair and love ao dai :)) hahahaha

I am saying that nobody can beat a girl in Áo dài.  You can take a common Vietnamese girl and turn her into the "most beautiful" star in the sky if she wears Áo dài, contrary to Judy.lovely's assertions to a different "dress".  So what are you saying here? ... you're one in the picture or you want to be one in the picture?  You want to model Áo dài for me?  OKAY  :D 

aibiet150204 wrote:

...your fiancee' can find for Western style or Vietnamese ao dai there, but the price is quite expensive. I would go directly to Le Van Sy street which is cheaper but having the same quality of fabric, ....

"Expensive" is a relative term.  Don't use it when talking to Expats.  Just say how much it costs.  For a local, a dress that's 4 million VND is expensive because that would be about 1/2 your monthly salary (I'm calculating that for a local making an average of 8 million VND in an office).  For a Canadian like  mikeymyke, $200 USD for a dress is likely to be considered "affordable".  Just say "your fiancee' can find for Western style or Vietnamese ao dai there, but the price is quite expensive. and the price should be around XYZ million VND"

Hi,
The wedding reception would be traditionally formal and gorgeous with some girls wearing Ao Dai.:)

For ready-made fabulous Ao Dai, you can visit many famous online shops like aodaiminhthu[dot]com by searching google to check their price and style or you may turn up at some offline stores around An Dong market for your reference.:cool:

In case of some unique design and size, you may buy materials and go to tailor to be consulted. For cheap Ao Dai material shop, you can visit "Chợ vải Soái Kình Lâm" (Soái Kình Lâm wholesale garment market) located opposite to Kim Bien market (You can ask nearby shops for more details) in Dist 5. Another choice is going to Phu Nhuan market with lots of garment shops and tailors along Hai Ba Trung road.:)

Best wishes for your upcoming life event.:)

Em oi!
He don't want to go back to the US :D

aibiet150204 wrote:

charmavietnam wrote:

Em oi!

aibiet150204 wrote:

Oh, anh oi (hopefully you are)! I want him to stay in Vietnam though I do not know for what - that's why I told him soooooo :D:D:D

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
Judy.lovely wrote:

.... Trust me, the woman become more beautiful when wearing his dess...

aibiet150204 wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:

I am saying that nobody can beat a girl in Áo dài.  You can take a common Vietnamese girl and turn her into the "most beautiful" star in the sky if she wears Áo dài, contrary to Judy.lovely's assertions to a different "dress".  So what are you saying here? ... you're one in the picture or you want to be one in the picture?  You want to model Áo dài for me?  OKAY  :D 

aibiet150204 wrote:

...your fiancee' can find for Western style or Vietnamese ao dai there, but the price is quite expensive. I would go directly to Le Van Sy street which is cheaper but having the same quality of fabric, ....

"Expensive" is a relative term.  Don't use it when talking to Expats.  Just say how much it costs.  For a local, a dress that's 4 million VND is expensive because that would be about 1/2 your monthly salary (I'm calculating that for a local making an average of 8 million VND in an office).  For a Canadian like  mikeymyke, $200 USD for a dress is likely to be considered "affordable".  Just say "your fiancee' can find for Western style or Vietnamese ao dai there, but the price is quite expensive. and the price should be around XYZ million VND"

1. Don't get me wrong here! The way you were saying seems you are a classic guy and looking for a traditional girl. All the expats around me (ok! They are not presenting for all expats in Vietnam but all I have known so far) like modern Vietnames girls with colour hair in sexy clothes. So, you just suprise me if you are honest in what you were saying. And by the way, I just tell you how I am but it seems you don't trust me :D:D:D:P:P:P

2. Thanks for pointing this out. Let me be clear, to me "expensive" is something you have to pay more than it's deserved. I was missing one thing, on Le Van Sy street, you can find things as same as on Ly Tu Trong/Hai Ba Trung but a lot cheaper as LTT/HBT is central and designing shops have to pay a lot more for expenses as the leases for the shops, so that I use "my quite expensive" term.

3. I am not sure how much you know about the girls in general, but most of the girls I know, they can spend all their salary or borrow more money just to get the fashion items they are craving to; or they can spend their saving just for luxury accessories that they have to wait for long-time to get. And I am not an exception but for travelling! Fashion is quiet expensive 😃😃😃😄😄😄

aibiet150204 wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

Em oi!

aibiet150204 wrote:

Oh, anh oi (hopefully you are)! I want him to stay in Vietnam though I do not know for what - that's why I told him soooooo :D:D:D

:lol:  I get charmavietnam's joke.

aibiet150204 wrote:

1. Don't get me wrong here! The way you were saying seems you are a classic guy and looking for a traditional girl. All the expats around me (ok! They are not presenting for all expats in Vietnam but all I have known so far) like modern Vietnames girls with colour hair in sexy clothes. So, you just suprise me if you are honest in what you were saying. And by the way, I just tell you how I am but it seems you don't trust me :D:D:D:P:P:P

We're meandering from wedding dresses to Áo dài.  Oh well, they're close enough related to stay on topic.

I will tell you briefly why the Áo dài moves me.

No other "dress" or "dress-like" can capture the essence http://ao-dai-tuy-t-le-th-ng-hi-u-ao-dai-vi-t-nam.3704602.n2.nabble.com/file/n4246045/9.jpg feminism as the Áo dài can.  I have three very quick reasons:

One, because the woman has to be fit, slim, have the right curves, etc. in order to fit into it.  It already is shaped, a container, a vase of beauty waiting for it's flower to occupy it. 

Two, it does not require "skin" to enhance it's beauty to attract men.  The big appeal of modern "party dresses" is the show of  legs to attract men.

Three, it creates an aura of sophistication, regal, courtly, yet also simple and refined.  Only a woman who holds herself in high regard would dare wear it.

Okay, carry on :D Good luck with you on the way of courting :D

aibiet150204 wrote:

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
aibiet150204 wrote:

We're meandering from wedding dresses to Áo dài.  Oh well, they're close enough related to stay on topic.

I will tell you briefly why the Áo dài moves me.

No other "dress" or "dress-like" can capture the essence [img align=R]http://ao-dai-tuy-t-le-th-ng-hi-u-ao-dai-vi-t-nam.3704602.n2.nabble.com/file/n4246045/9.jpg[/url] feminism as the Áo dài can.  I have three very quick reasons:

One, because the woman has to be fit, slim, have the right curves, etc. in order to fit into it.  It already is shaped, a container, a vase of beauty waiting for it's flower to occupy it. 

Two, it does not require "skin" to enhance it's beauty to attract men.  The big appeal of modern "party dresses" is the show of  legs to attract men.

Three, it creates an aura of sophistication, regal, courtly, yet also simple and refined.  Only a woman who holds herself in high regard would dare wear it.

A man can wear Ao Dai tooooooo 😉😉😉

charmavietnam wrote:

aibiet150204 wrote:

Is it another joke? If yes, I cannot get it 😃😃😃 do I need to ask THD for his/her help? Hehe

aibiet150204 wrote:

A man can wear Ao Dai tooooooo 😉😉😉

Long I float this dark path,
Not a sound, not a sight,
Cast thee away away from me,
Ye lonely, ye dark of night!

For searched the heavens,
Above below to my left, to my right,
What this yonder I see?
But a beautiful, a shimmering light?

Her tender presence warms me,
I am lit up! All feel bright!
Hope and joy becomes me
To be within her light.

How's that for poetry? 

If you have problems with poetry, metaphors, inferences, then it reads like this.  The woman in Áo dài is the Sun beaming, radiant, sparkling.  A man in Áo dài only looks good when he is with a woman in Áo dài.  He just reflects her beauty. 

Yes, a man can wear Áo dài and if he's walking with a woman wearing Áo dài, he is like the Moon gets being lit up in the presence of the Sun.  Without his other half to light him up, the man is still there..just dimmer.  Without her, he's just some dude in a flowing robe that slit in two by the seams...

Okay, I think that's enough for today's Poetry class.
http://216.70.82.181/new-blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/my-brain-is-full-300x272.jpg

THD: You have my full agreement on your piece about why Ao Dai is the most alluring of all dresses. It does not show off skin or any slit, yet it's soooo emits ELEGANCE to anyone wearing it! But of course, not to forget, if it calls for slits then the CHEONGSAM is the only way to go! Both only fit slim and shapely ladies thoi !!

aibiet150204 wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

aibiet150204 wrote:

Is it another joke? If yes, I cannot get it 😃😃😃 do I need to ask THD for his/her help? Hehe

"ask THD for his/her help?"  You just responded to a post of mine and you forgot what gender I am? :o

aibiet150204 wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:

When someone posts something about a "future Mrs...." it means he is a guy and is single.  Mrs = married woman, because in Western culture, a woman usually takes on the surname/family name of her husband.

Here is a long-winded explanation taking our two Presidents as examples :D :

In Việt Nam, the President's name is Trương Tấn Sang and his wife's name is Mai Thị Hạnh. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truong_Tan_Sang

They don't change their names when they marry.

In America, it's tradition that a woman changes her surname/family to follow the husband's. 

The President's name is Barack Hussein Obama II and his wife's original name (also known as her maiden name) is Michelle LaVaughn Robinson.  She has since changed it to Michelle Obama and her kids also use the "last name" of Obama.  Hence you hear "The Obamas", you know people are talking about everyone in the family.

To be polite, you would address the two as Mr. Barrack Obama and Mrs. Michelle Obama.  Or Mr. and Mrs. Obama.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/business/thumbnailfull/truong-tan-sang-mai-thi-hanh-barack-obama-michelle-obama-2011-11-13-0-20-18.jpg

So sometime before 1992 (year of their wedding), when our man there was chasing our woman there he would say to his buddy...."yo man, check her out...she's fffffaaaaaayyyynne!  That's the future Mrs. Obama right there man...yo catch you later, I'm gonna go say hi".  :top:

aibiet150204 wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

aibiet150204 wrote:

You like poetry?  ;)  How about starry lit nights with a gentle breeze and the sound of waves crashing on the sand dunes?

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
aibiet150204 wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

"ask THD for his/her help?"  You just responded to a post of mine and you forgot what gender I am? :o

aibiet150204 wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:

When someone posts something about a "future Mrs...." it means he is a guy and is single.  Mrs = married woman, because in Western culture, a woman usually takes on the surname/family name of her husband.

In Việt Nam, the President's name is Trương Tấn Sang and his wife's name is Mai Thị Hạnh. 

In America, it's tradition that a woman changes her surname/family to follow the husband's. 

The President's name is Barack Hussein Obama II and his wife's original name (also known as her maiden name) is Michelle LaVaughn Robinson.  She has since changed it to Michelle Obama and her kids also use the "last name" of Obama.  Hence you hear "The Obamas", you know people are talking about everyone in the family.

To be polite, you would address the two as Mr. Barrack Obama and Mrs. Michelle Obama.  Or Mr. and Mrs. Obama.

[img align=C]http://nimg.sulekha.com/business/thumbnailfull/truong-tan-sang-mai-thi-hanh-barack-obama-michelle-obama-2011-11-13-0-20-18.jpg[/url]

So sometime before 1992 (year of their wedding), when our man there was chasing our woman there he would say to his buddy...."yo man, check her out...she's fffffaaaaaayyyynne!  That's the future Mrs. Obama right there man...yo catch you later, I'm gonna go say hi".  :top:

Well, I was intending to wait until tomorrow to respond to your poetry question - lol - anyway, thanks for sharing this.

And I had known about the meaning of Mrs... as you explained earlier... So, I guess you are a guy, and then as charamvietnam said "he doesnt want...", I respond to him as "you are a guy".  However, you have not confirmed your gender yet, just a very normal respectfulness when referring to someone you have not known yet, I put "his/her" just in case my guess was wrong when things turn out you are a gay guy/les - I am not kidding here :)

So now, are you trying to let me know that you are a guy and single? If yes, another question, are you single and available or just get MBA?!? 😄😄😄

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
aibiet150204 wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

You like poetry?  ;)  How about starry lit nights with a gentle breeze and the sound of waves crashing on the sand dunes?

Thanks for asking. I do like poetry but am more craving for romantic novels, so I would add some more beers and/or wine with fresh sea food while sitting on the beaches to listen to the sound of waves :D:D:D

aibiet150204 wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:
aibiet150204 wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

aibiet150204 wrote:

[img align=C]http://nimg.sulekha.com/business/thumbnailfull/truong-tan-sang-mai-thi-hanh-barack-obama-michelle-obama-2011-11-13-0-20-18.jpg[/url]

Well, I was intending to wait until tomorrow to respond to your poetry question - lol - anyway, thanks for sharing this.

And I had known about the meaning of Mrs... as you explained earlier... So, I guess you are a guy, and then as charamvietnam said "he doesnt want...", I respond to him as "you are a guy".  However, you have not confirmed your gender yet, just a very normal respectfulness when referring to someone you have not known yet, I put "his/her" just in case my guess was wrong when things turn out you are a gay guy/les - I am not kidding here :)

So now, are you trying to let me know that you are a guy and single? If yes, another question, are you single and available or just get MBA?!? 😄😄😄

My apologies @ charmavietnam :-( I did spell charamvietnam

aibiet150204 wrote:

....I respond to him as "you are a guy".  However, you have not confirmed your gender yet, just a very normal respectfulness when referring to someone you have not known yet, I put "his/her" just in case my guess was wrong when things turn out you are a gay guy/les - I am not kidding here :)

Wow, kick a man while he's down why don't you?  I just went on a whole spiel about telling you I'm a guy but then you had to rewind and explain all kinds of stupid ideas as to why you thought wrong.  Now gay and lesbo too!  Sssshheee Why don't you just call me "it"? 

You should make a habit of not needing to explain why you're wrong.  It doesn't do anything to enlighten anyone.  Just thank the person for correcting you and move on.

"Hi Bob, how are you?"
     "My name's Billy.  Who the hell are you?"
"My apologies, I have the wrong person."

"Hi Bob, how are you?"
     "My name's Billy.  Who the hell are you?"
"My apologies, I have the wrong person.  I really thought you were Bob cuz you know you really look like a Bob.  When I was across the way and I saw your head bobbing up and down, it really reminded me of some fish and lures and for some reason the word "Bob" just popped in my head so then when I shouted out your name, it just came out "Bob".........  :sleep .......and I had a great uncle who was from England but originally from Germany that went by the name Robert John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt but we called him Uncle Bob for short.  His name was so musical that it always stuck in my head since I was a little kid... Bob...John...Jacob...Jingleheimer...Schmidt...
that's my name too.
Whenever we go out,
The people always shout,
'Bob John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt!'
Da da da da da da da da...
So you see, ever since I spent all my childhood with my dear Uncle Bob, the name always stuck to me and seeing you over there just then totally brought back a ton of memories and out of my subconscious, the name Bob came out.  So I'm really sorry Bob...eh..Bob John..."

aibiet150204 wrote:

My apologies...

There's an "edit" button.  If you "edit" the post and fix your misspelling, nobody will kkkkknnnnnn ooooo  wwwww.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
aibiet150204 wrote:

My apologies...

There's an "edit" button.  If you "edit" the post and fix your misspelling, nobody will kkkkknnnnnn ooooo  wwwww.

Dahhh, I'm not kind of person who tries to edit "its fault" - prefer going with apologies instead! Sorry, but that's me! Nah!

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

1. You should make a habit of not needing to explain why you're wrong.  It doesn't do anything to enlighten anyone.  Just thank the person for correcting you and move on.

2.  ...across the way and I saw your head bobbing up and down, it really reminded
So you see, ever since I spent all my childhood with my dear Uncle Bob, the name always stuck to me and seeing you over there just then totally brought back a ton of memories

1. Thanks for the advice. That should be better but sorry, I am a girl so explaining is one way to give me more opportunities to talk. The more talking, the more being stupid! So sad! Uhm, but I dont care much about that, explaining one of other ways to let people understand you more. You dont care or you dont understand, that's your problem, not mine. And, because you asked (did you?), I tried to aswer! 😷;)

2. Just too many words and sorry, I cant understand all, but if just seeing these words, are you trying to say you will remember my name?!? Lol

aibiet150204 wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:

1. You should make a habit of not needing to explain why you're wrong.  It doesn't do anything to enlighten anyone.  Just thank the person for correcting you and move on.

2.  ...across the way and I saw your head bobbing up and down, it really reminded
So you see, ever since I spent all my childhood with my dear Uncle Bob, the name always stuck to me and seeing you over there just then totally brought back a ton of memories

1. Thanks for the advice. That should be better but sorry, I am a girl so explaining is one way to give me more opportunities to talk. The more talking, the more being stupid! So sad! Uhm, but I dont care much about that, explaining one of other ways to let people understand you more. You dont care or you dont understand, that's your problem, not mine. And, because you asked (did you?), I tried to aswer! 😷;)

2. Just too many words and sorry, I cant understand all, but if just seeing these words, are you trying to say you will remember my name?!? Lol

Ok, let's take our conversation off-line...cuz you just it again.  I'm sorry for being sorry ahha...I don't know how to use the edit button.  Where's the ANY key? ...kinda reminds me of George McFly.  HELLO?! HELLO MCFLY?!! ANYBODY IN THERE?!!  :lol:

We need to clear the table.  I'll send you a PM.

That way will be better :D Otherwise moderator will appear with an :offtopic: hoarding !

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

We need to clear the table.  I'll send you a PM.

mikeymyke wrote:

I would suggest you to check out on online stores like showpo, eBay or Amazon as they have a great collection of dresses. The dresses available on these sites are of tops quality in terms of material, design and color.

COEUR DE VALERIE    (225 Lê Văn Sỹ, 14, Phú Nhuận, Hồ Chí Minh)

Haha wow, i'm surprised my thread is still getting replies, and got off topic so much!

But it's ok, thanks a lot guys, my wife and I already got married on Dec 30, we both wore ao dai for traditional ceremony, and she wore a nice normal wedding dress at the reception.  Now just waiting on the paperwork to bring her to Canada so we can live together as husband and wife :)

Hi, may you guve me the phone nymber? i would like to make dress and contact the designer

Thank you
Cheers  :)

:)  you missed your chance at the CFBs I might have been a little slow but not as slow as others , nice to hear your alive V

A little girl at a wedding asked, "Mommy, why do brides always wear white?"
"Because they're happy," the mom replied.
Halfway through the wedding, the girl whispered, "Mommy, if brides wear white because they're happy, then why do grooms wear black?"

My obese fiance came back from pre-wedding shopping in floods of tears.
"What's up my love?" I asked, concerned.
"That cruel woman in the wedding dress shop, said they couldn't afford to make a dress with enough material for me on a budget of 500" she blubbed.
"500?" I queried "but I gave you ten grand to spend!"
"Yeah, but I went shopping for the wedding cake first!" she said brightly.

mikeymyke wrote:

Haha wow, i'm surprised my thread is still getting replies, and got off topic so much!

But it's ok, thanks a lot guys, my wife and I already got married on Dec 30, we both wore ao dai for traditional ceremony, and she wore a nice normal wedding dress at the reception.  Now just waiting on the paperwork to bring her to Canada so we can live together as husband and wife :)

"  and got off topic so much "                    that is why.

Hello all  :D

So we all thinking the same right?  :/:up:  Let get this thread back on topic  :up: