Home or away

Hi, I have been offered a role with my exisiting company in our Melbourne office.  It is a fantastic career opportunity but I would be coming out to Melbourne on my own and do not know anyone. I have a great job in London, which could not be held open for me, and a strong network of friends in the UK so it's a difficult decision!  I would love to hear from anyone who has been in a similar situation and taken the plunge - what are the pros and cons, how easy is it to make friends,how do you find the cost of living?.......any advice would very welcome.
Thanks
Joanne

We moved here not knowing anyone and have adjusted nicely, though I moved with my partner and kids. I would recommend living in the city- lots of people, singles, bars, places to meet people. Cost of living is pricey, especially in the CBD- but if you're coming from London then you're probably pretty used to that.

Hi, first of all - what a great picture, very Oz! Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate your note and will take your suggestions on board. It's good to hear that you have settled so well and I hope you continue to be very happy in Melbourne.