Excited but scared to move to manila from california

hi i currently live in huntington beach and am seriously considering moving there. i travel there quite often and when i was there in december, i had met a girl who i fell in love with. i had gone back again in march and spent a month with her. now i am back in california and i am not really content here. i miss her a lot, and all i can think about is her. i know that cost of living is a lot lower there and we as americans with dollars can live a nicer life, but all i have experienced is how it feels to vacation there. i have no idea what living there would be like.  it wouldnt be just all play and spending money like crazy when im on vacation.

i have a home based business that i run here and i make about $2400/month in residual income. after i deduct some expenses i have about $1200-1500 to spend on living expenses etc.  that is just residual income that i get every month whether i work or not.  if i make more sales, i make commissions and bonuses so i can make more money.  i can do this business from there but i am afraid that i wont be able to close as many deals since i can not meet with clients face to face. i am currently working on that to see how many i can close without meeting with any of them.  if things go well, then i will definitely move there sooner than i plan to. i plan on moving there hopefully by august or september if things go according to plan.

i would like to get your guys' opinion and thoughts on what your experience is there so far and any advice you can give me.

what made u decide to move to the philippines?

now that you have lived there for a bit, do you feel you made the right decision?

what do you miss most about home?

what do you like there better than the states?

if you were in my position, what would u do?

where would be a good source to find a condo to rent? i heard that using an agent would equal higher rents.

any other advice you can give me would be great.

thanks again for any help or advice you can give me. i feel so lost and scared, but yet excited at the same time.

HI Jon,

I understand your fears about moving to another place and we had the same feelings before we made the final decision. I was born and raised in the Philippines for 34 years, moved to Mission Viejo, CA and lived there for 10 years. Got married to a Californian bred American and has a daughter of 8.We recently moved back here last February 2010.
There are several factors that you need to consider before you make your final decision.I hope this will help you in making the biggest leap! If you are a Christian, then, I would recommend spending time in prayer, mentoring with a trusted friend, and confirming with scriptures so you will know that this is part of your destiny. If you are not a Christian, find a mentor that you can work with. I will give you some important matters to consider and discuss them with your loved one and mentor/s

1. That's great that you have a home based business that brings you residual income. How stable is your residual income? Can you find someone who can meet with your clients instead to close deals for you and share your commission?
You might consider having a passive income and interest income as well. Creating multiple  streams of income is ideal anywhere you live.

2. How old are you?

3. Do you have liquid assets that you can use to survive on for the first year? How much can you afford to live on without having to work for a year?

4. Do you have any retirement funds set aside?
FYI> we have a better rate of return on our investments here starting from 6% and above. Interest income is withdrawable quarterly, tax free.

5. I was kind of hoping that your one month stay should have given you an idea on how it is to live here. Where did you stay last March? Did you go around to different places in the city? outside the city? What does she do and where does she work?

6. The place to rent a condo will depend on what you want to achieve. Your girlfriend's work or home location will help us determine where you should stay. Don't worry, I will send you options to choose from. Some owners have agents that they have hired to rent out their places. Some owners rent it themselves. I will make sure that you get the best deal in town because I only want what is best for us as well. We have lived in different condotels, resorts, you name it for the last three months. It took us two months before we can find a good house to live in. Now, my husband is renovating it, while my family is still renting in Tagaytay area.

7. Places to consider to live will depend on whether you are truly serious in getting tied up with your girlfriend. If she is currently working in the financial district, then, anywhere near her work area will be recommendable. So, if you give me more details then, I can help you.

8. If I may suggest, take your time to really get to know your girlfriend. Mine is a different story, because we are both believers and we believe that God brought us together at the right time so it took us only a few months to make the final decision. Realize that you are marrying  if ever, her whole family as well. In one of my blogs, please check out some other points. http://worldlinks4u.com/blog/

9. We are enjoying our stay here and we believe personally that we made the best decision considering what is happening in the US right now. There is nothing like having your own maid cooking for you, cleaning for you, washing the clothes for you, a driver who brings you to places you want to go.

10. What I miss about California, in particular, specially Orange County, are the wide roads, constant cool weather, clean air, that's it. I sometimes miss the chance to be able to drive on my own. But then, on the other hand, why drive when you can afford to pay a driver! We have a variety of food supply here and seafood and vegetables are much better with less the cost.

11. It's only you who can say whether you make a right decision or not. We live in a life of choices. We were given the freedom to choose between life and death. If you know the difference in every decision you make, then, you can never go wrong.

Let me know how I can assist you. If you send me more specifics, I can assist you more effectively.

Sincerely,

Pinaymentor

Nice reply.  Thanks for the details for our consideration as well.  Take Care.