What are the PIN #s on the residence card notifications for?

I received a form letter from the Dept. for Citizenship & Expatriates Affairs saying my "residence permit/document is now ready for collection."

It further states ...

"Below please find PIN numbers related to your card."

Below that was a PIN A (Authentication PIN) and a PIN B (Signing PIN).

What exactly are the PIN numbers for? 

I already picked up my card, but the document with the PIN numbers was handed back to me.

for accessing the e-portal on the government and its depts website

Thank you.  I was trying to do exactly that but was unable to.  Would you mind pointing me to the correct link?  I tried this but don't think this is the correct portal.  Well at least it didn't work there.

https://mygov.mt/portal/

it looks like the right one to me - have you followed the "first time" instructions on the page?

Didn't see where it said "First time"?

Where is that located on the page?

Never mind, I found the instructions to use the site for the first time.  The problem seems to be the e-ID number.  The number on my residence card starts with MT followed by 7 digits.  When I enter that, it says that its a wrong sequence. 

This is the error message: 

"Invalid ID Card No. Format must be 7 digits followed by one of A,P,M,G,Z,H,B or L"

Has anyone used this before?  Help!

try just the digits and A

I've tried every combination imaginable and it's not worked.  I've tried the residence card number with the "MT" prefix, without the MT prefix, without the prefix and adding "A" at the end.  I've also tried using my old ID number which is on the back of the residence card as well as another number which is on the top right hand side on the back of the card.

I have also send an email asking for clarification.

In the meantime, if anyone has done this successfully please help me!

Cheers!

It could be that the residence card and the e-ID card are two different things?  Does anyone know?

And if so, back to my original question ... what are the two PIN numbers accompanying the confirmation that the residence card is ready for?

i sadly havent got mine yet - but am sure those that have and have connected with it will be able help you soon.

Yes, thank you.

I thought that the pin numbers that came with the notification that the card was ready, were to use when you collected the card. However when we got our card no one was interested in who we were, they just wanted our name (no proof required).

The government department login requires you to apply for the number on line then go and collect it (never bothered).

Perhaps the new EID  number will be used to allow access to Government services when everyone has the new card, including Maltese?

That of course would require forward planning a joined up government, departments that talk to each other and a sophisticated  I.T. department!!

Now you can laugh :D:D

I have e-ID, it the same as an 'old' ID card number (xxxxxxxA), but I don't know how they are going to implement it with the new e-residence card number formats

I thought so too at first, tearnet, but they didn't even look at our PIN numbers either.  Which is why I am wondering what they are for.

tearnet wrote:

I thought that the pin numbers that came with the notification that the card was ready, were to use when you collected the card. However when we got our card no one was interested in who we were, they just wanted our name (no proof required).

The government department login requires you to apply for the number on line then go and collect it (never bothered).

Perhaps the new EID  number will be used to allow access to Government services when everyone has the new card, including Maltese?

That of course would require forward planning a joined up government, departments that talk to each other and a sophisticated  I.T. department!!

Now you can laugh :D:D

never going to happen on that basis

Spiridonov wrote:

I have e-ID, it the same as an 'old' ID card number (xxxxxxxA), but I don't know how they are going to implement it with the new e-residence card number formats

I should imagine that the number on the front will be the number you will use for the government website sign in.

Nope! The series is wrong.  The residence card "numbers? start with MT and end with no letters.  The e-ID cards need to start with no letters end in a letter.  See my post above with the error message.

Hi, the new ID number is showing on the back of your ID card opposite where is your address and below where it show's your gender, ie 0XXXXXXA. It's the one inside the red square:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8841/y5qn.png

I have the same issue as you as I also wanted to register to the mygov.mt website. From what I have been told and if you read the instructions on the the website, you'll receive a username and a password and just then, you will be able to register. I have also received the letter with those 2 pins and I am now waiting for an email with my login details so I can register at mygov.mt portal.

Hope it helps!

Cheerio,
Antonio

mantonas wrote:

Hi, the new ID number is showing on the back of your ID card opposite where is your address and below where it show's your gender, ie 0XXXXXXA. It's the one inside the red square:

[img align=C]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8841/y5qn.png[/url]

I have the same issue as you as I also wanted to register to the mygov.mt website. From what I have been told and if you read the instructions on the the website, you'll receive a username and a password and just then, you will be able to register. I have also received the letter with those 2 pins and I am now waiting for an email with my login details so I can register at mygov.mt portal.

Hope it helps!

Cheerio,
Antonio

For us that's our old EID number and I have tried to register with that number before the EID cards even started with no luck.
Also had no response from  any email sent asking about it, so in the end gave up.
Good luck!

par for the course then!

This issue is still puzzling me ..... But this is what the website says.

See below....

You must present your ID Card and give your email address to the Registration Officer. If you don't have an email account, the Registration Officer will advise you how to get an email account for free.

STEP 2 – Receiving your e-ID Details

After corroborating your identity, the Registration Authority will send you a username, password, and a secure PIN activation code that are unique for you. You will receive your e-ID Number and Password at the email address you provide to the Registration Officer. The PIN number will be sent to the address that shows on your ID Card and so, if this is not the address where you reside you first need to change your ID Card.

Ta

SMeddie wrote:

This issue is still puzzling me ..... But this is what the website says.

See below....

You must present your ID Card and give your email address to the Registration Officer. If you don't have an email account, the Registration Officer will advise you how to get an email account for free.

STEP 2 – Receiving your e-ID Details

After corroborating your identity, the Registration Authority will send you a username, password, and a secure PIN activation code that are unique for you. You will receive your e-ID Number and Password at the email address you provide to the Registration Officer. The PIN number will be sent to the address that shows on your ID Card and so, if this is not the address where you reside you first need to change your ID Card.

Ta

Seems (relatively) straightforward to me; just a few security hoops to jump through. A bit like the process for setting up an internet banking service.

Hi Redmik

It's seems relatively easy on the website but unfortunately all the members here including me are having trouble logging into the system.

That implies that its practically puzzling or the instructions are just patched up by someone who has no clue.

Nonetheless I will get to the bottom of the issue on Monday.

Ta

That's why I was supposed to go to the ID Office last Monday Meddie, so I could give my email address to then in order to receive my login details. It seems that those details are not sent by post like the PIN numbers.

I realise that which is why I am confused as to the difficulty others are having, not that I've tried yet.
And I'm not being facetious but did everyone who has problems tick and sign the appropriate box on FID 1A?

Yeah Toni ... Sorry I stopped you from going but I think its best to go and speak to them. However your application form included an email, I thought that was sufficient.

Redmik..... Yeah the form was ticked correctly but I think its just another Maltese service.

Damn I love Malta!

Ta

I am wondering if the forms were ticked but at that time people didn't have their new ID numbers if the admin team members responsible then fully completed the form with the new number?
I they didn't then there would be no matching process to link the numbers together and thus, no way of logging in. Just random thoughts.

I'm still puzzled as to why they issued the two numbers that came with the letter that you had to show to collect the new EID?

Why PIN numbers when your name on the letter was sufficient?

Its all very Maltese isn't it?

I had a reply to my email

Dear George

Good morning.

According to our records,  the e-ID office has no pending registrations for ID Card or Residence Document number listed below.

To our knowledge the PIN Numbers you received, maybe the ones send by the Department of Citizens and Expatriates Affairs when a person applies for the Residence document.  This can be confirmed by contacting the said department on email address below.

Emails : [email protected]  or [email protected]

To apply for an e-ID one requires a face to face visit to the e-ID Registration Office.  Presentation of the Maltese National ID card or Residence Document  is required.  A portrait image which is captured during the registration process is included in the e-ID application which is read / verified and signed by the respective applicant.  This registration process is required to ensure the true identity of citizens who request for the e-ID. 

Do not hesitate to contact this office should you require any further clarifications regarding the e-ID registration.

Regards,

Noel Mifsud

N.I.M.O

Identity Management  Office

2nd Floor Evans Building, Merchants Street, Valletta

( Office:   21226627-8

* E-mail:   [email protected]

Not so easy then!!! Is anything?
Mind you I got my yellow card in 1 week, just waiting for ID cards now.

Right, just left the ID office and applied for my e-ID number. Basically, you'll need to come to the ID office, go to 2nd floor 1st door on your right. The guy will ask you for your ID card, you need to provide your email address, sign a form, they'll take you a photo and voila... Done. You will then receive your e-ID number by post and the U/N and PW via email.

Hope it helps!

Antonio

When I applied for my residence card, I was told that it was mandatory to submit a Form ID - 1A which is what I understood was the e-ID registration form.

http://www.foreign.gov.mt/Library/PDF/F … Form_F.pdf

So if we had to submit these supposedly to get the e-ID, why do we have to physically go into an office to do this again?  What was the purpose of submitting this form?  Or is this e-ID something different than the e-ID for government services?

I don't understand ...

StrangerInMalta wrote:

When I applied for my residence card, I was told that it was mandatory to submit a Form ID - 1A which is what I understood was the e-ID registration form.

http://www.foreign.gov.mt/Library/PDF/F … Form_F.pdf

So if we had to submit these supposedly to get the e-ID, why do we have to physically go into an office to do this again?  What was the purpose of submitting this form?  Or is this e-ID something different than the e-ID for government services?

I don't understand ...

Only in Malta and jobs for the boys.....

it looks like ID1A starts the process - applying for eID has 2 steps

That's curious.  Antonio / Mantonas, did you fill out Form ID 1A when you applied for residency?

StrangerInMalta wrote:

That's curious.  Antonio / Mantonas, did you fill out Form ID 1A when you applied for residency?

That's why I asked my question above, re ticking the correct box as when we applied we also submitted certified photos for the eID as well as ID card.
I guess things may settle down eventually, probably long after we have any use for the eID, not that I can see much use for it, for us in our retired situation.

StrangerInMalta wrote:

I did fill that form but it seems did not make any difference. To be honest, I would be surprised if things here work the way they supposed to work.

mantonas wrote:

I did fill that form but it seems did not make any difference.

it meant you got your PINs though, so wont have to wait for them in the post

georgeingozo wrote:
mantonas wrote:

I did fill that form but it seems did not make any difference.

it meant you got your PINs though, so wont have to wait for them in the post

cart before horse springs to mind....

GeorgeinGozo are you saying that the PIN numbers that came with the notification that the residence cards are ready are the PIN numbers for the e-ID ...  BUT that we still have to go to Valletta to finish the procedure?

Antonio, is this what you understand, or are you waiting for new login and password credentials to be able to e-ID?