Indian spouse in Singapore

Hi me and my hubby will be relocating to Singapore in dec end. And we will be having a month to stay in a service apartment. I am an MBA from india and have been in banking side really but now looking for a career shift. I do not intend to work like a full tym but definitely want to engage in some kind of work.
My interests lie in meeting people , interacting and in art and craft. I am more of a see and do painter than an imaginative one. I am looking. For suggestions what all Can I engage myself into...I am open to learning languages also but I just don't want to be a trailing spouse.
Can u please help me check the options of. Work  / engagement I would have.

Cheers.
Thanks....nats

There are many possibilities for volunteer engagement that involves meeting people and doing artistic activities.
To actually do paid work, you either need your own work permit or employment pass, or a Letter of Consent (from MoM) allowing you to work on a dependent pass. As far as I know, none of these is given for part-time work, or for jobs that differ greatly from your previous experience.

Hi be pip...thanks for the encouraging response..I m glad there are scopes of engaging...request you to please give little more detail on the volunteer thing ...also is there some kinda nominal payment given for such work...just a query..

Cheers
Nats

also is there some kinda nominal payment given for such work

Unlikely, perhaps a free meal..

Noah

Thanks Noah......how about further details of the volunteering stuff

It depends on what you want to do. There are tonnes of volunteer activities out there such as:

Orphanages
Homes of the elderly
Giving tuition to children from low income families
And many more!

Noah

Try www.sgcares.org for volunteering opportunities in welfare organisations.
In the past, I volunteered in theatres, arts events and music festivals, but there is no central register like the above, so you need to approach individual organizers.