Anyone in Mui Ne this weekend?

Hi everyone, I'm going to Mui Ne this weekend. I'll be there from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. As far as I understand all entertainment venues will be shut down, so does anyone want to meet for some coffee or a drink? Inbox me :)

Why are all the venues shut, where did you get that info from.

General Giap's funeral. Art. 8 of decree No. 62/2001/ND-CP. All live music events, DJs, and other entertainment programs (including cinemas and sports broadcasts, I think) have to be cancelled from Friday 6pm to Sunday 6pm. A bunch of events got cancelled/postponed. Seems like there won't be much happening in the city this weekend.

Interesting, love to see them police it, maybe a few bribes will fix it, the local Colonel loves Uncle Ho's picture.

Is this applicable to whole Vietnam?
I was planning to go Dalat this weekend :D

ssuprnova wrote:

General Giap's funeral. Art. 8 of decree No. 62/2001/ND-CP. All live music events, DJs, and other entertainment programs (including cinemas and sports broadcasts, I think) have to be cancelled from Friday 6pm to Sunday 6pm. A bunch of events got cancelled/postponed. Seems like there won't be much happening in the city this weekend.

charmavietnam wrote:

Is this applicable to whole Vietnam?
I was planning to go Dalat this weekend :D

ssuprnova wrote:

I would advise you to postpone your trip to Đà Lạt until next weekend.

Although there's only three "official" places that are holding memorial services, you can bet EVERY TOWN and CITY will follow suit and have unofficial grieving/mourning gatherings.

He is a national hero.

http://tuoitrenews.vn/politics/13962/of … -announced

colinoscapee wrote:

Interesting, love to see them police it, maybe a few bribes will fix it, the local Colonel loves Uncle Ho's picture.

I doubt it in this case.  It's not a top down decree that needs enforcement.  I think local shopkeepers are aware and will shut down to honor a national hero.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

I doubt it in this case.  It's not a top down decree that needs enforcement.  I think local shopkeepers are aware and will shut down to honor a national hero.

Think it would be a good idea to stay home this weekend everybody. We were invited to a wedding party that was scheduled for this Sunday. One of the family members stopped by this afternoon and let us know the date had been changed. I didn't think anything in this country would out rank a wedding party.

Yup, already cancelled by confirming with the tourism authorities in Dalat :D

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

I would advise you to postpone your trip to Đà Lạt until next weekend.

Although there's only three "official" places that are holding memorial services, you can bet EVERY TOWN and CITY will follow suit and have unofficial grieving/mourning gatherings.
He is a national hero.

Ain't going to be watching a lot of TV either:

https://www.kplus.vn/en/news/1/765/NOTI … L-DAYS.htm

No world cup qualifying matches.. :mad:

Budman1 wrote:

Ain't going to be watching a lot of TV either:

That's not necessarily a bad thing.  Forces you to go outside and exercise by dodging motorbikes, smell the clean fresh air of exhaust fumes, meditate on top of a building while listening to the ever-ending sounds of horn beeping...