Travelling from riyadh to madain saleh??

my family and i intend going to medinah next week. we'll be driving from riyadh. we'd love to stop over in madain saleh and yanbu, if possible.

any tips or advice on a travel route??

Princess MA wrote:

my family and i intend going to medinah next week. we'll be driving from riyadh. we'd love to stop over in madain saleh and yanbu, if possible.

any tips or advice on a travel route??

General:

1- It is going to be a very long trip (ten hours from Riyadh to Mada'in Saleh, five hours from Mada'in Saleh to Madinah, and two hours from Madinah to Yanbu), so have plenty of water. Stop in Both Buraidah and Ha'il for gasoline refill.

2- Know about the whereabout of gasoline stations (not to worry if prepared by a travelling agency).

3- Have something that passengers could occupy their time with, I say Music, DVD players, portable games (Gameboy, Game Gear, etc., and a headset.)

To Madayin Saleh: Go toward Buraidah and Hail Road (Rds 65 and 70).

1- Assure to stop at every city to fuel your car fully.
2- Bring lots of water and snacks
3- Assure the car to have a good AC.
4- If this trip is not made by an agency, bring your smartphones and car chargers with you.
5- Have your proper documentations (Iqamas) in case you were questioned by police.

To Madinah- If you were coming from Mada'in Saleh: Take the road from Al-Ula to Khaibar then to Madinah

1- This way you will pass by to two cities if you wanted to buy something, use the restroom (they are really miserable and should only be used in case of emergency) or relax a little.

2- Stop for gasoline. in Al-Ula or Khaibar.

From Madinah to Yanbu: Take route 60, it is the most convenient of the roads until you get to Badr then head north to road 55, (King Abdulaziz Road)

1- These routes are very short and well services (in terms of asphalts not stations) so it might become the most convenient in your trip.

2- have a safe trip!

For returning back, head to madinah then Riyadh on same routes.

There are lots of reckless drivers (espceially during night time). Road visibility could be less than very good.

The number to call during emergency is 112 (it is a free number and works even if you have no credit in your phone)

For Road Safety- in case of safety risks... (call 996)
For Traffic- in case of a car accident (call 993)
For ambulance- in case of a health emergency (call 997)

Traffic is the worst! Road safety is very efficient and well controlled.

The most important three things to look for

I-   Water
II-  Gasoline
III- A Map (and GPS or Internet)

Let me know if you have further questions,

I went to Madain Saleh during the last eid holidays.. i traveled from Riyadh to Madina, Madina to Madain Saleh, madain Saleh to Yanbu, Yanbu to Makkah and than back to Riyadh...

First tip. avoid driving at night. because from madina to madain saleh its single road.
Try to be at madain saleh in morning. because it will be extremely hot in afternoon.. i was there at 12pm :) damn hot. the caves are more than 90.. so u need plenty of time to see all of them
Dont forget to fill you fuel tank even if it shows half. at some places u might feel like no petrol pump for 30km or more.
if you are following GPS, dont search for Madain saleh.. try to search for railway station in madain saleh.. thats the entrance of Madain saleh. where u might need to register ur name and car.
I went to the wrong gate and it was closed and kept on searching for the main entrance after i complete a full circle around it.
Al Ula is near to Madain saleh and u will find good hotel there.

Yanbu was nice and lovely beach but all hotels were full.. so its better to book in advance :)

All the best.. feel free to let me know if you needed any further informaton.

Regards