Anyone experience with saigon2muine?

Dear expats

Does anyone of you have experience with the transportation from Ho Chi Minh / Saigon Airport to Mui Ne with saigon2muine?

We will be coming to Mui Ne on vacation; and as we are expats ourselves, we know you're the right persons to talk to! :-)

Thanks for your replies!

Best Regards

If your happy to pay about 50usd one way, then its ok. If you have time and want a cheaper option catch a taxi into town then catch a bus, cost all up about 15 usd.

Hey Colinoscapee

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, taxi and bus and most probably taxi again with all our luggage isn't really an option... I would like to know if I can trust this organization and if they have safe, reliable drivers, so we will arrive at the hotel in 1 piece :)

Thanks again!

Do a search on the net and see any reviews, I notice its owned by a foreigner so you might be able to take that as a plus.

ExpatgirlEllen wrote:

.. trust this organization and if they have safe, reliable drivers, so we will arrive at the hotel in 1 piece :)

Thanks again!

:lol:

Most shuttle services don't even have seat-belts.  You might want to look into hiring a private car from someone you know if you've never taken the saigon2muine shuttle and safety is more of a concern to you than cost.

Thanks colinoscapee, that's also what I was thinking... but you never know of course... :/

Thanks for the info Tran Hung Dao! Unfortunately, I don't know anyone, so I was hoping someone on this forum was going to be able to give me some more information on them or another reliable contact as my safety is my highest concern...

hiring a private car should be very expensive :)

ExpatgirlEllen Suggestion, contact the place/hotel your staying at and ask them to set up a pick-up at TSN to take you to Mui Ne. Also for the return trip back to the airport. Might be a little expensive but they should be able to set you up less worry free than you trying to arrange it. Get a confirmed total price first.

cang_nduc wrote:

We hired a car to take us from Vung Tau to Dalat for only a couple hundred dollars. He not only drove to and from Vung Tau but was on call 24 hours a day while we were in Dalat to take us anywhere we wanted to go. So it is possible to save money by hiring a private car.

Thanks Budman 1, I will also check with the hotel!

VungTauDon, do you remember which company that was?

VungTauDon wrote:
cang_nduc wrote:

We hired a car to take us from Vung Tau to Dalat for only a couple hundred dollars. He not only drove to and from Vung Tau but was on call 24 hours a day while we were in Dalat to take us anywhere we wanted to go. So it is possible to save money by hiring a private car.

VTD That's the only way to go. A few extra bucks but you get what you pay for.

I will have to ask my wife later about who we hired. I do know that it is a common enough practice that most resorts and larger hotels have rooms that they provide for the drivers at no cost.

colinoscapee wrote:

Do a search on the net and see any reviews, I notice its owned by a foreigner so you might be able to take that as a plus.

Where did you find the ownership by foreigners?  Are you referring to their "about us" section?

http://www.saigon2muine.com/about-saigon2muine

I only read it as "managed by Europeans" who didn't do any English grammar/spell-check in their marketing efforts.

Managed by Europeans living in Mui Ne, we know that traveling in an unfamiliar country can be daunting and, because of that, we are committed to making your transfer as comfortable, safe and convenient as possible.

Our solution is probably the easiest one if you are not leaving in Vietnam and want to arrange a Private Car for visiting any of Southern Vietnam Touristic Destinations.
We cater to private, couples, families and groups of up to 45 people.
It's important to always choose a transfer company that is licensed, insured and registered. This is a good indication that the company is committed to putting your safety right at the top of their list of priorities.
Saigon to Mui Ne is one such company.
All that's left to do after booking a transfer with us is to relax and look forward to exploring the beauty of Vietnam.

We offers knowledgeable, experienced drivers, really affordable and competitive rates.
A nice service we offer is the set-up of a forum for people who wants to share the cost of transportation. You can find it here: Taxi Sharing Forum

For more in-depth info on our terms, please refer to our Terms & Conditions page.

Good effort though.  But it doesn't take that much work to ask a native English speaker to check your marketing material.

VungTauDon wrote:
cang_nduc wrote:

Expensive is a relative term since "a couple hundred dollars" is about how much the average factory workers make in a month.  For VungTauDon, it's "only", but to cang_nduc, it's expensive.

The average factory worker is not going to be flying in from Dudai either

Dear Tran Hung Dao

Thanks for your replied, they are interesting and have helped in making a decision.

I don't seem to have a lot of confidence (any more) in this company... and indeed, expensive is a relative term, but a I said before, my safety is the highest priority, I will follow the suggestion of Budman1 and get the hotel to arrange the pick-up from the airport.

Thanks a lot to you all! You have helped me enormously!

Looking forward to our vacation now!

Kind regards
Ellen

VungTauDon :)

It's not like I have an oil field here either :(

Enjoy your trip, I'm not to far away from you right now, I'm in Qatar.

Thanks, I will!

Hope you enjoy Qatar!

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Where did you find the ownership by foreigners?  Are you referring to their "about us" section?

http://www.saigon2muine.com/about-saigon2muine

I only read it as "managed by Europeans" who didn't do any English grammar/spell-check in their marketing efforts.

Managed by Europeans living in Mui Ne, we know that traveling in an unfamiliar country can be daunting and, because of that, we are committed to making your transfer as comfortable, safe and convenient as possible.

Our solution is probably the easiest one if you are not leaving in Vietnam and want to arrange a Private Car for visiting any of Southern Vietnam Touristic Destinations.
We cater to private, couples, families and groups of up to 45 people.
It's important to always choose a transfer company that is licensed, insured and registered. This is a good indication that the company is committed to putting your safety right at the top of their list of priorities.

TDH,seeing that the website in English with no VN language tab and that the phone number lists Russian and English operators, I put two and two together to come up with that its owned by a expat.
Saigon to Mui Ne is one such company.
All that's left to do after booking a transfer with us is to relax and look forward to exploring the beauty of Vietnam.

We offers knowledgeable, experienced drivers, really affordable and competitive rates.
A nice service we offer is the set-up of a forum for people who wants to share the cost of transportation. You can find it here: Taxi Sharing Forum

For more in-depth info on our terms, please refer to our Terms & Conditions page.

Good effort though.  But it doesn't take that much work to ask a native English speaker to check your marketing material.

Seeing that the site is only in English with no VN language tab and the fact that it has phone operators who speak English and Russian, I therefore concluded that it is a foreign owner.

colinoscapee wrote:

Seeing that the site is only in English with no VN language tab and the fact that it has phone operators who speak English and Russian, I therefore concluded that it is a foreign owner.

Yah, I'm still not clear on the foreign ownership of businesses in Vietnam thingy.  I thought foreign corporations must have Vietnamese partners to do business.  This company might be owned by Vietnamese and are "managed" by Europeans...maybe hired a Russian-English bilingual to be a "manager". 

Anyhow, it kinda reminds me of the marketing trick "designed in Japan" you see imprinted on boxes at the supermarket.  It's just to get people to think it was of Japanese quality when it was just made locally at the nearest factory.

So if I just had a brilliant thought while I was at the Japanese airport and drew something on a piece of napkin, does that mean it was "designed in Japan"?

Maybe this answers the ownership question

Saigon2MuiNe.com is owned and managed by Stefano, who has been traveling the world since 2004, and living in Vietnam for the past 7 years.
He knows that traveling in an unfamiliar country can be daunting and, because of that, he is committed to making your experience in Vietnam as comfortable, safe and convenient as possible.
From Saigon2MuiNe you can only expect great quality and customer service, prompt response and fast problem solving.

http://www.saigon2muine.com/private-tax … er-routes/

colinoscapee wrote:

Maybe this answers the ownership question

Saigon2MuiNe.com is owned and managed by Stefano, who has been traveling the world since 2004, and living in Vietnam for the past 7 years.
He knows that traveling in an unfamiliar country can be daunting and, because of that, he is committed to making your experience in Vietnam as comfortable, safe and convenient as possible.
From Saigon2MuiNe you can only expect great quality and customer service, prompt response and fast problem solving.

http://www.saigon2muine.com/private-tax … er-routes/

Good job finding out the truth.  So there is hope for my foreign-owned English Speaking Only Taxi business.

You will most probably find he has a VN persons name on his business license.

I see you you said you already will contact the hotel but renting a private car for the day isn't bad from my experience. I've done it about four times now and the cost only came to $60 for the day. The drivers I had didn't speak English so looking for English may cost more. Also, we paid for their food and gas, so a bit extra there. But a nice option once in awhile.

canadaexpat1 wrote:

I see you you said you already will contact the hotel but renting a private car for the day isn't bad from my experience. I've done it about four times now and the cost only came to $60 for the day. The drivers I had didn't speak English so looking for English may cost more. Also, we paid for their food and gas, so a bit extra there. But a nice option once in awhile.

So 100 bucks a day with a driver who speaks English is not out of line?  Shoooooooot, I'll drive you around for $100 a day.  It'll be good practice for my English-Only Taxi service.

i hired a private 16 seats car from Saigon to Vũng Tau for 2 days, it costs 3mil. To Mui Ne, it may double the price.
you can also check this site, they have a better price, only 3,7 mil for 2 days trip including gas, drivers.
http://dulichviet.com.vn/xe-du-lich/cho … di-mui-ne/
but i'm not sure if their services are good :D

Hi there, I'm Stefano Starkel, the owner of Saigon2MuiNe

Just to clarify a few point:

- I own the business. I'm legally registered in Vietnam with a 100% foreigner investment LLC. The company is owned 60% by me and 40% by Yana, my Russian partner (in private life and in business)
- We have a very long track record of happy customers. Independent review can be read here: trustpilot.com/review/www.saigon2muine.com
[Moderated]

You can get in touch directly with me
Best regards

Stefano

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services and external links not allowed