Health insurance! ASAP!

I just moved to Phnom Penh and I plan to stay for multiple years. I need a CHEAP health insurance policy that covers basic medical care and also includes evacuation/expatriation costs. HELP! ASAP!

Hi meamop,

I suggest you to check our partnr for a free quote on the following link, this might surely help;

https://www.expat.com/en/insurance/asia … hnom-penh/

Regards :),

David.

What do you mean by CHEAP. ..?

cheap=inexpensive=not a lot of money=under $80 a month

This is what I wanted to know. ... Under 80$. I am afraid the answer is NO.
You have only 2 kinds of insurances....

1-local ones (made for khmer people) cheap but with a very poor coverage

2=the ones for expats with a high coverage, evacuation etc.... This one will for sure be more than 100$/month for the cheapest.

I was looking for insurance, so I stepped inside Caminco to see because it said "personal accident insurance" on their website. The guy asked me if it's for a company and couldn't understand what he means. Then my friend did the talking and the good $1000 a year insurance is for companies and their employees. All they had for me was a $80 thing with a maximum payout of $1200 which I can earn myself.

I think we should get some multi-year, international coverage from whichever western country we came from. You will go back anyway to stock up on stuff you cannot buy here, especially summer sportswear with dri-fit or Climacool fabrics that make you less sweaty. Cannot find that, it's all fake Adiddas with only two stripes :(

good morning

I read your add, I had the same problem when I arrived here 2 years ago
It is very complicated matter to give advice, all depends on your age, your conditions of work , etc.
There is good company in Honkong representing here the major insurance companies, cigna - ax*- willma russel , etc. They can offer tailor made offers

I too willam russel and pay 4000 doll a year with 250 doll franchise. Yet next year will  change and only take repatriation and evacuation. Health care in Cambodia is cheap , the same in Vietnam and Thailand .

Let me know if I can do more

kind regards
Harry , expat from Belgium