Nanny/Housefkeeper avg price

Hello everyone,
I was wondering what the average price for a Nanny/ Housekeeper is on the Diplomatic Quarter (I've heard they are a bit more expensive here because of the clearances and checks on them).
I wanted to know, in case I do not have maids quarters in my home Is it a lot more expensive to have a non live in Nanny/ Housekeeper. Since room/board, etc won't be provided. I was also wondering If many people have Nanny/ Housekeepers on The DQ? I don't want to be the only Douche Bag American with a nanny. :)
Any information that you have would be great. If you have experience in this and don't feel comfortable putting out in the open please feel free to pm me.
Thank you
Oh and my children are 3 and 5. Not sure If that matters. I have really never had a Nanny or Housekeeper before, not sure where to start.

No one has any experience with this??
Okay...:(
I guess I'll find out when i get there. LOL

ThinkingAboutIt wrote:

No one has any experience with this??

Guess this means you're gonna be 'the only douchebag with a nanny'!  :lol:  (that was very funny, BTW).

I think when you're  an american you have to make fun of yourself........... Everybody else is, so why not?! Lol

ThinkingAboutIt wrote:

I think when you're  an american you have to make fun of yourself........... Everybody else is, so why not?! Lol

But notice I left out the American part? LOL  I mean, a douche bag is a douche bag! :D

Bahahahahaha true....very true! It tends not to discriminate!!!

good evening and welcome,

i just saw your post now.
Im mother of 4, have lived in KSA for 2 years now and dont have nany or maid as very difficult to find and the ones i tried last very little, 1st one for one month, 2nf 15 days and 3 almost 4 months.
All of them, living out, came late, had to wake them up, after very slow and always bad mood and tope of that not very nice with my kids, but this just bad luck
At the end you are better off doing it yourself as you ll do all better but of course you end up mad and crazy.
One thing is sure you have to prioritise.
Either you have a maid that cleans or a nany that take care of your kids, you can not have all in one how they do here cause one of the tasks will not be done well, and not taken care and after if they didnt clean they will blame the kids as no time.
If there are kids the cleaning will be very very slow and if they can iron all day they will do it.
I now take laundry out, bedsheets and all my husbands clothes in um al hammam around 15 pieces about 35 to 50 sar so not even 1 hour cleaning and it comes back in plastic bags
The live in nanys as you say, and legal in the DQ can ask up to 3000 sar per month
THe live out nanys or maid can ask 2500 sar but wont do week ends or evenings and some of them will only to 8 hours a day and want 20 sar for any extra hours, especially the filipino ones who just want to make money and are normally off week ends
The live in nanys outside the dq and with your sponsorship are paid between 1000 and 1500 sar and the live out ones ilegal between 1500 and 2000 sar, but these are ilegal and mostly from Ethiopian, Kenya or Indonesia,But you have to be really sure about it and know someone who has tried them before, and has maybe lived in KSA for at least minimum 2 years.
For the ones live out you also have to provide driver so you have to make your calculation before.
Some will say they dont have driver and they need one or the money and most of the time the husbands or friends will do the service and they will have fridays off.
now its up to you to decide and see how much time you have for you, house cleaning and kids
and if you dont mind doing the things.
Everybody coming here always things you have to have a maid but at the end of the day a stranger in your house always behind you, you have to like it.But if you have lots of space and are going out a lot why not.
got luck if you want more info you can pm me, i live 5 mns from DQ, if i was in Europe i would walk but here need driver which is also one of the problems and conversations people have in Saud

I have really never had a Nanny or Housekeeper before

So why do you want one now?  (honest question)

I Need one be cause i work and with the 4 kids (7,5,2, 15 weeks)and honestly how You say it stresses me a bit to take them to work ,this is the only reason!for the rest i can take care but its not me asking im just Giving información about average Price

@Maltisent  Trapezeus was asking the original poster.  She said she'd never had a maid/nanny in the US.  He's asking her why she feels she needs one here, then.

Thanks alliecat i know that i Was waiting to Get a personal answer from You!!!
And i did !!

Maltisent wrote:

Thanks alliecat i know that i Was waiting to Get a personal answer from You!!!
And i did !!

Well!!  I guess it was your lucky day, then :lol:

I guess that too

Thank you very much for your honest experiences. I was thinking that, that would be the situation. I'm also sorry for all you've been through trying to find one. Sounds kind of like a nightmare. And yes, I am not keen on having someone "underfoot" all the time in my house.
Thanks again I appreciate your response!!

Well, I'm not really sure how to answer that question.  Per my original question I was wondering if it was the "norm" and if it is then why wouldn't I? I will be living away from all family and friends and "help" so It would be nice. Also, I'm sure that my husband wouldn't mind his clothes ironed (which is not part of my job description as far as I'm concerned) lol
I hope that answers your question although I'm really not sure why you were wondering. :)