What is the meaning of Love?

affection

Love is  that feeling in your soul and in every single organ of your body that you can't live without someone else. Its strength depends on how much deprivation you experienced before.

Blind....

Simple and honest

is unconditional

sharing

Love is about sharing life, it is a source of absolute magical power where you start living in this life knowing that there is a person on this planet whom will be always in ur life no matter what.

adding my two cents! Love is...
.... that feeling you have when you stand up for your sibling in front of your parents even though you've just fought nearly to death over the TV remote.
... that feeling when you can't stand the sight of your overbearing parents but can't help crawling under the sheets to them on dark stormy nights.
.... that moment when you haven't spoken to your spouse for two weeks cos of a silly quarrel but you go running to check on her when she messages you to say she doesn't feel too good. 
...  all those moments when you can't go any further but you push yourself to, just to see that look of joy on your child's face when her daddy strongest has delivered on his promise!

Erm! Beers and strip clubs!!

Very nice Raj, I adore the explanation

overwhelming power

Sacrifice. When I'm in love, I can give this person everything.

JO/EU wrote:

What is the meaning of Love in your own words?

Sharing and caring

Excuse my bad English but to me this is... The definition of *LOVE*.

As a human being feeling:
It is the need deep inside us connected to our natures as humans that makes us feel we are not alone in this world and we share The care with others, this need makes us feel afraid and unprotected if its not filled with care and it develops as a big hall in our lifes so when we fill it by care from someone we call it *LOVE*

How we translate it:
We see it as a feeling that keeps pushing our hearts to search for care from someone and once we find it we feel protected so we start wanting to protect the Existence of this person as well, this feeling will make you do spontaneous things that does not seem to be logical to others but its actually logical to your self because of the reason why you make them (to protect what you found) -the feeling of being secure-. then you start to respond back by other feelings like sharing, caring, thinking about the other person much, feeling jealous....etc

This is *LOVE*.. A word that contains a feeling followed by other feelings which explains our Existence as human beings (that can only live as groups with share and care)

And this is how i see it in my own personal point of view.   :)

Not to look down to the person who cared/cares for you just becos nobody ever did/does... Not to misuse his/her good and caring nature just becos others wouldn't allow you to,  not to attack ones looks just becos his/her manners are to good to be attacked,  to avoid envious neighbours and friends trying to incite between couples, let your prayers in whichever way be honest , you can fool people with appearances,  but remember they are meaningless after all as they don't possess the key to heaven...