Being single and not starve to death

I have only been in Saudi Arabia for a couple of weeks. I'm, I believe, happily married at home but single here.

Another characteristic of mine is that I love food, good food, good restaurants and good service.

I have tried to go to Voila in Thalia St. Sorry sir, only families.

Friday Brunch at Al Mutaqa. Sorry sir, only families.

So what do I have left? McDonalds and KFC?

What can I do? any suggestions?

KR

hehe try american corner

Thanks narz4u, I just came back from Rosewood Corniche. Not as good as I expected but it was ok.

In general the food was good, nothing I can say extraordinary but good. Except de risotto, awful.

Deserts better looking than tasting but ok again.

Service excellent, though.

Any more suggestions?

Wot are you talking about ?? You have here a massive variates in Jeddah such as Fuddruckers , Chilis, Ruby Tuesday , Fridays , Applebees , On the border and much more, still didn't mention the hotels restaurants even.
And all of them have a male section and if you want to know the locations search Google like this up : (Restaurants Name)Jeddah map
enjoy
thanks alot

Thanks Dr. Rex.

I have tried already Fuddruckers (the one close to the Benihana behind Tahlia St. and by the Sands hotel) and yesterday passed by the American Corner at Al Rawdah (although I didn't get in since I didn't like it).

As I told you I went yesterday to the Rosewood Corniche brunch but I was talking about other kind of places. More "local" ones, if you want, but good nonetheless.

Yesterday I walked by The Couryard City and it looked nice. Also an asian nearby, Soy (or something like that) on the same street, Al Rawdah.

Any recommendations?

well, if you like thai food, try the Thai Thai restaurant along sultan road, corner heraa avenue....

it's right beside SABB bank. not as expensive as the ones you have tried, but the food is almost uniquely theirs, and the ambiance is great,

haven't tried dining on the singles section (ground floor)but there shouldn't be much difference, the family section is on the 2nd floor, with separate entrances.

There are dozens of restaurants with singles sections.  Have you been to http://www.jeddahfood.com ?

If you love food so much, how come you haven't learnt how to cook yet? :)

I have been to lots of restaurants in Jeddah... give me more criteria so I can list a few suggestions.  Price range, cuisine, ambiance, etc.

For now, a few suggestions:

1) Khayal on Prince Sultan Street, halfway between the history/stonehenge roundabout and Dome City Plaza.  Turkish place, quite cheap, delicious, and filling.

2) Thai Garden on Heraa Street, close to the intersection with Malik Road.  Best Tom Yum Seafood soup ever.  Menu has well over a 100 items.  Low to medium priced.

3) Paul.  I am sure you know this famous French restaurant and bakery, so I won't say more.

4) Bert's Cafe, also famous and French, and expensive.

5) Lenotre, same as above.

6) Pizza Fusion.  Organic pizza chain from the US, with gourmet pizzas.

7) On The Border.  Mexican, or Tex-Mex, if you will.  Really nice beef in their tacos.

8) Steak House.  Best burger I have ever had.  Get it rare, or *at most* medium-rare, and you will be in heaven.

9) Counter Burger.  Also great burgers, although the only burger I have had from there is a veggie burger, and it was amazing.  You get your own clipboard and pencil to design your own burger.

10) Piatto.  One of the best Italian restaurants here.  Best pizza I have ever had (I had the one with mixed mushrooms).

11) Lallo's.  Also a great Italian restaurant.  Don't miss their Carpaccio Salad: thinly sliced raw beef, arugula, thinly sliced raw mushrooms, balsamic vinegar.  Pure pleasure!

OK, I was going to list the first two only, but there is 11 for you.  Again, list your criteria so I can give relevant suggestions, including for specific desserts!

Trapezius,
Thanks a lot for your answer. Detailed and quite interesting. Really, thank you.

Now, who told you I don't know how to cook? One of the things I do best is cooking!!! Most of the people who really like to eat also like to cook. One thing get to the other... somehow. I even have taken courses at a restaurant with Michelin stars. Buy since I am new here I want to know what the city can offer.

Yes, I have tried jeddahfood. Was my one my first tries as well as tripadvisor.

Regarding criteria I am eclectic, as long is good. I go from japanese to hamburgers.

1.- Khayal. I didn't know. I'll try and let you know.
2.- Thai Garden. Same as 1.
3.- Paul. Yes near Benihana.
4.- Bert's. I have read about it. Same as 1 and 2.
5.- Lenotre. Again as 1,2 and 4
6.- Pizza. Never heard of it. I'll try it.
7.- On the border. I have read something about it. I'll try.
8.- Steak house. Yes, I go there at least 3 or 4 times a week (bear in mind I have to have lunch and dinner)
9.- Counter Burger. Never heard of it...
10.- Piatto. Never heard.
11.- Lallo's. I was there just before Eid. But I didn't like too much. I didn't try the carpaccio, though.

Deserts? My favorites!

12.- I also have been to Balsamico and I really liked it. The Cesar salad was excellent but the tiramisu was very normal.
13.- The hilton brunch. Good but much better the Rosewood.

Again, thanks a lot for your great advice. I'll keep you updated as I try them.

Kind regards,
Antonio

Trapezius wrote:

There are dozens of restaurants with singles sections.  Have you been to http://www.jeddahfood.com ?

If you love food so much, how come you haven't learnt how to cook yet? :)

I have been to lots of restaurants in Jeddah... give me more criteria so I can list a few suggestions.  Price range, cuisine, ambiance, etc.

For now, a few suggestions:

1) Khayal on Prince Sultan Street, halfway between the history/stonehenge roundabout and Dome City Plaza.  Turkish place, quite cheap, delicious, and filling.

2) Thai Garden on Heraa Street, close to the intersection with Malik Road.  Best Tom Yum Seafood soup ever.  Menu has well over a 100 items.  Low to medium priced.

3) Paul.  I am sure you know this famous French restaurant and bakery, so I won't say more.

4) Bert's Cafe, also famous and French, and expensive.

5) Lenotre, same as above.

6) Pizza Fusion.  Organic pizza chain from the US, with gourmet pizzas.

7) On The Border.  Mexican, or Tex-Mex, if you will.  Really nice beef in their tacos.

8) Steak House.  Best burger I have ever had.  Get it rare, or *at most* medium-rare, and you will be in heaven.

9) Counter Burger.  Also great burgers, although the only burger I have had from there is a veggie burger, and it was amazing.  You get your own clipboard and pencil to design your own burger.

10) Piatto.  One of the best Italian restaurants here.  Best pizza I have ever had (I had the one with mixed mushrooms).

11) Lallo's.  Also a great Italian restaurant.  Don't miss their Carpaccio Salad: thinly sliced raw beef, arugula, thinly sliced raw mushrooms, balsamic vinegar.  Pure pleasure!

OK, I was going to list the first two only, but there is 11 for you.  Again, list your criteria so I can give relevant suggestions, including for specific desserts!

Qon wrote:

[moderated: account deleted]

You provide girls to single guys so then can get inside family-only establishments?  That's a good business, you must be making bank!

Trapezius wrote:

You provide girls to single guys so then can get inside family-only establishments?  That's a good business, you must be making bank!

A restaurant pimp--I love it!!

Alliecat wrote:

A restaurant pimp--I love it!!

:lol::lol: And serving delicious chick(en) !!

I am from India currently In jeddah

You can do lots of things but i guess you like to complain  :idontagree: