Any expats in Penang?

Hi,

I am relocating with my husband to Penang really soon (next week!) and am wondering if there are any other Penang expats out there?? :)

Any tips with regards to living in Penang?

HI, I am an Englishman (62) just moved to Penang last Autumn, my wife is Chinese, born here in Geogetown but left to study in the UK whilst a teenager. For the last 24 years we have lived in Southern Spain and having now retired bought a condo opposite Jerejak Island. Hope to spend about 6 months in both countries, ( red wine is cheaper in Spain). Any advice I can give please ask.     Robert

Hi, my mom nI would like to spent half a yr in Penang. My mom is 96yr old. Was wondering if there is any good medical centre and is it easy to get western food there? We are french of french origin.

Thank you.

We can't decide between Panama and Penang to retire to. We know about the Panama Pensionado offer, since we have visited there from the Caribbean where we live at present, out of Hampshire and London. I'm finishing this summer - currently lecturing in Biology. We have lived and taught in the tropics round the world during our careers and want to retire to a warmer climate. We have seen the Malaysia mm2h offer.
We shall be visiting KL and Penang in April 09. What cars can you buy? Who pays tax?/is any paid?, if you buy a car from an expat?
Is the health situation good for your/our age-group, and for the over-70s who are refused health cover? Is it cooler up Penang Hill? Do drop me an email. Love to hear from anyone else too. Lilian and Mike.