Hello Everyone! What route will be best from Belize city to Sarteneja?

Good Morning!  We are new to this forum and would like to introduce ourselves.  Currently we live in Northwest Indiana and own property in Sarteneja, Belize.  We are anxiously awaiting our trip to Belize in just five days!  We will be staying for two weeks in Sarteneja.  We know there has been a TON of rain lately and wonder if any of you have recently traveled the road to Sarteneja?  It's always a rough ride, but this time I'm thinking it will be really ugly!  LOL... We're flying into Belize City and then driving north.  What route would be our best bet to get there?  We know there has been work on the ferries so we're not sure if we go through Orangewalk or up to Corozal and then over to Sarteneja.  Any help would be appreciated!
We look forward to being part of this group and to meeting many of you on our upcoming trip!
Thanks!
Judy and Dale  :)

Hi Judy and Dale. I have been to Sartenja during the dry season visiting some friends there. There are certainly others on this list that can tell you what the roads in the area are like. I know that some have posted pictures of the flooded roads that you may have seen.

Good luck in your drive to Sarteneja.

[ Moderated :  :offtopic:  ]