Outsourcing myself

Hello,

I'm currently living and work as a computer programmer in Europe, I'm Dutch, my wife is Filipina (with a Dutch passport) and we have a 14 year old son.

Instead of working here, I like to go to the Philippines, working there as programmer and invoice my employer for the work done. It doesn't really matter where the work is done as long as it is done.

We have a small house and a lot in the Philippines near Boracay. So we have a place to live.

But there are a few big question marks.
1. Must I start a kind of business and start billing my employer or are there other ways? Does anybody have experience with this, outsourcing himself?
2. Is it possible to get a good internet connection. something like 20Mb down, 5 Mb up. The few times I was on Boracay the internet speed there was terrible slow.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Rene

Rene,

I would like to suggest two things to you.  Depending on your skill set, you might link with an international company that puts clients and contractors together and guarantees your payment.  Second is there is an excellent short book that explains how to set it up on Amazon.com - "Executive in Sweatpants" - a #1 best seller on some Amazon lists.

I have been using both suggestions above and with the company I pretty much choose when I work and at a good hourly rate.  Having started in mid April this year, my income has increased significantly each month and I have gained a handful of new clients.

Get in touch and I will explain more when I have time.

Steve

Rene123dude wrote:

Hello,

2. Is it possible to get a good internet connection. something like 20Mb down, 5 Mb up. The few times I was on Boracay the internet speed there was terrible slow.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Rene

Hi Rene,

Currently, this how I work here in Manila, Im a Web Graphic Designer. From my point of view although I havent experience it from Boracay, there is no possibilities for a good connection of internet outside Manila area.

Anyways, wish you luck! ;)