French long-stay visa for Vietnamese wife

Hi

I am considering applying for a long-stay visa for my Vietnamese wife to live in France. I am from the EU.

Does anyone have experience of this? I just have a few questions, which I would prefer to discuss 1-1.

Many thanks!

donny_68 wrote:

Hi

I am considering applying for a long-stay visa for my Vietnamese wife to live in France. I am from the EU.

Does anyone have experience of this? I just have a few questions, which I would prefer to discuss 1-1.

Many thanks!

Might try looking at the France Forum.

Oh, I see you already did that.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=307075

Given that you are Scottish and wanting to take her to France I think you could struggle with this a wee bit....
I know easy for you to go there, but given the ball aches of trying to get her to the UK, I admire your ingenuity, good luck :)

*First have you registered your marriage with the British Embassy?

Best to approach both the French and UK embassies.
They should be the people to advise you the proper channels and procedures. The cases are viewed on individual merits.
It may be easier to be British first, being married to you, before travelling to the European Union.

Don't know what the procedure is like for France, but in Canada, the Vietnamese national must show:

-Strong ties to her home country, needs to have lots of family living in her home country, shouldn't have many family members or relatives residing in the country she's trying to visit
-Stable job that she must return to
-Lots of money in the bank, depending on length of stay, usually need a few thousand dollars at least
-Must have strong travel history, if she's only been in Vietnam, don't even bother, she will be refused
-

mikeymyke wrote:

Don't know what the procedure is like for France, but in Canada, the Vietnamese national must show:

-Strong ties to her home country, needs to have lots of family living in her home country, shouldn't have many family members or relatives residing in the country she's trying to visit
-Stable job that she must return to
-Lots of money in the bank, depending on length of stay, usually need a few thousand dollars at least
-Must have strong travel history, if she's only been in Vietnam, don't even bother, she will be refused
-

Think you are referring to short travels and holidays.
For migration and long term stays, the husband will have to stand as guarantor his wife.
She will be entitle to free health-care but not unemployment benefits.

Thanks to all