250 OR- Is this salary good?

Dear all...
I got a Job offer as Customer Care Executive in a hospital in Oman. I have 6 yrs total experience. Salary offered is 250 OR with accommodation. 10 hrs duty, one week off. 45 days vacation after 18 months and 3 yrs contract. Is this a good offer? How much will be the cost of food n mobile/ internet for 1 person /month?  I am a Graduate in literature and passed MBA in HR just this week. What other facilities I need to negotiate for?  Is 250 OR with accommodation is a good offer? Please help me!

Thank you all in advance......

Hi suhasin,

Take up the offer only if you are desperate for an overseas job.

For someone who's an M.B.A., with 6 years of work experience, this is a rather raw deal. Frankly, the benefits are also nothing to write home about.

3 meals a day, a month would cost you around R.O. 30/- to R.O. 35/-. Unlimited internet downloads would cost about R.O. 25/- per month. For details you have to read through the many posts on the same subject.

If your prospective employer is open for negotiations, then ask for 8-hours of work a day; 2-day weekend (which are both as per the Omani Labour Laws); 2 year contract (employment visa is valid for 2 years, and not 3) and 1 month paid vacation after twelve months of service. These are all as per the labour laws and that is what every company is expected to follow. Obviously yours is not being run by the book.

There's a ‘Plan B' : Use this job as your entry point into the Sultanate and start looking for a job from day one. The minute you get your appointment letter from the new organisation, quit, exit Oman and re-enter on your new employer's visa – but this is easier said than done. Knowing the kind of polyclinic you have been offered a job with, they will most certainly retain your passport thereby effectively killing all possibilities of executing Plan B.

All I can say to you is ‘Good Luck'.