New to the forum.....

Hi....I am new to the forum, having recently returned from my first trip to Bali. And now I dream of retiring there.....only in the dream phase so far. I am American and have a few years of working left before I could realistically make the move.
I am planning on spending time in Ubud in April and would love to meet some people. Thanks!

Hello JoanF,

Welcome to forum :)

Ari

Hi Joan,

Welcome to the forum and in particular, welcome to Ubud which has been my home for the past 15+ years.

Ubud has an interesting expat community and it's comprised of a myriad of nationalities.  There are quite a number of Americans within that community here in Ubud. 

April is a great month to spend in Ubud.  At that time we are just coming off of the wet season but the tourist crunch will still be a couple of months away. 

In the Ubud area the best and quickest way to get to meet other expats is through the Hash House Harriers.  While it's often been called “a drinking club with a running problem” in really it's a great and informal group who get together each week for a hash event and they can be super fun.  You can stop by Naughty Nuri's Warung directly opposite the Neka Museum for the week's hash sheet and take it from there.   

Other popular venues to meet Ubud based expats would be “Fly Night” or Friday night at the Fly Café and most any night at the Jazz Café.

Have a great time, and hopefully April will be here quickly for you!

Cheers, Roy

Hi Roy ..thanks so much for the information. I will definitely check out the hash sheets and your suggested cafes in April.

Joan

Thanks.

Hello Joan,

Welcome to Indonesia.

Maybe you would like visit surabaya?
Have Fun.