Introduction

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Connie and I live in Tennessee with my husband and our daughter. I did this backwards I  posted to the cost of living forum before here I apologize . It's my dream to live in scotland and u had some questions I posted there.

Hi, Connie,
Have you checked out this list? If you or your husband are qualified to do a job listed here then you are in with a chance of finding an employer to sponsor you for a work visa which you must have in order to live in Scotland.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec … tnov11.pdf

No I haven't checked it out but I will! Thanks for the link. But what if what we know isn't on that list?

If the job isn't on the shortage list the employer has to prove to the immigration authorities that he could not find any suitable person in the whole of the European Union despite widely advertising the job for many weeks. Only then can he apply for a work visa to employ a non-EU citizen.
If you work for a multinational company with offices in both the US and the UK you might get an internal transfer but the same restrictions apply.

Hi Connie, there's a very vibrant community of American expats here in Scotland so you'd feel at home in no time :)

One of the many good thing with our family is we are very outgoing and love to meet new people and have new experiences. I'm just hoping I can find jobs to give us the chance to go and have those experiences. Lol