Visa Help

Hi All...

I'm after help on the visa process to get to the US... Alaska to be precise. Hmm... An Aussie in Alaska, I'm going to freeze to death.

Anyways, I have an employer willing to sponsor me and he wants me there asap, which I am happy to do, but I refuse to go over on a tourist visa and work knowing that with my luck, I'd be busted and there goes the thought of ever living anywhere else in the US.

My main questions are...
If I apply for the immigrant visa how long would it take?
If I apply for the temp visa (H2B) how long would that take?

Has anyone gone through these processes and can give me some pointers? Can it be done by myself and my employer or should we get someone (like a immigration lawyer) to help?

Any help would be lovely... I've been researching both these possibilities and everything seems to contradict itself and is giving me a headache...

Nat

Hi Nathalie,

The best way is to go throught the non-immigrant visa first (H2B), as the process for an immigrant visa can take up to 5 five years. :sleep

I would advise you to go through an attorney, it will be much easier for you and your employer. Look for one who is Immigration Board Certified.

Here is the link of the American Bar Assoication http://www.abanet.org/. You will find links to all State Bar Association and lists of certified attorneys in different fileds.

I wish you the best. ;)

Zebiquette.

Thanks Zebiquette!

I'll let you know how those (and any other) tips work out.

Natalie