Can I use my ATM card in the UAE?

Hi Guys.

I am an expat here in Riyadh and I will be traveling to Dubai next month. I wanted to ask if anyone tried using their Saudi ATM cards in other GCC countries? (to withdraw cash in the local currency and whatnot) Are they usable there?

Looking forward to your replies.

lordbaelish wrote:

Hi Guys.

I am an expat here in Riyadh and I will be traveling to Dubai next month. I wanted to ask if anyone tried using their Saudi ATM cards in other GCC countries? (to withdraw cash in the local currency and whatnot) Are they usable there?

Looking forward to your replies.

You can use your ATM card in UAE, some banks may charge additional fees. Better to check with your bank before you use it. I used in Bahrain and Qatar and had to pay nominal charges per transaction.

Thank you. I'll call them now.

May I ask how much were you charged?

On the back of your Saudi Card you will see logos like VISA, GCCNET and PLUS those logos will also be showing on any ATM machine that accept your card anywhere in the world .

As HRGuru  said , with most banks, you will pay fees for each transaction (I paid 25SR when I used my card in Jordan, Bahrain and UAE) so it could be a good idea to withdraw big amount at once when using the card abroad .

Another thing about using your card outside the kingdom is that with most machines you can't do other transaction than withdrawing money.

By the way, Saudi Riyal is widely accepted in Dubai even to pay for few Dirhams worth.

Hello Littlefinger
I have used my atm card multiple times in Dubai and I don't remember any fees at all. And if there were they would be minimal.
Have fun in Dubai

Great to know. Thank you!

And greetings from King's Landing.

A max of 25 SAR was charged on ATM's.

Hi guys, thanks for your help.