Salary/Living cost advice needed urgently

Dear all,

I am living in London currently and my company asked me if I am  interested moving to Baku.
As a single man, I am quite flexible in moving however, I have no idea how much salary could keep my life comfortable there.Now I earn like 65k Sterlings in London so how much I should ask for my company for moving to Baku in salarywise.

Really sorry to put this kind of question in the forum however I am just very confused about the cost there. Thank you in advance.

PS: I am not a big spender but love traveling and sports, also dancing music.

Hi,

I worked and lived in Baku for two years. I cannot comment on your salary as I was on a very high salary and had good business expenses. What I can tell you is this. For a decent 1 or 2 bedroom apartment in a good area of Baku (Fountain Square) be prepared to pay about £1,000+/month. Utilities (electric, water and gas) can set you back about £150+/month. What else? Well, food, drink, transportation, and anything else, let's say another £400+/month.

Now you could live cheaper than this in Baku but you are letting yourself in for awful apartments, power cuts, drainage problems, Internet cut-outs. So, I guess it's a matter of pay your money and take your choice (chance)!

Hope this helps!
Kuanyin

Hi Kuanyin,

Thank you very much for all the information. So according to your reply, it is around 1500 punds per month cost . Will it be any hidden additional cost besdie it for the necessary life needs?

Many thanks
MF

Hi, movingfan.
what kuanyin said was almost right. but be ready to spend much at pubs.  for a bottle of beer you should pay 5-10 euros(1 manat= 1 euro) so approximately 500euros per month for outgoing. 
See you soon in Baku :)

thansk guys, im in same situation.. any idea of aprtmrnt cost near sabayil? what is the cost of drivin a normal SUV.. fuel cost>?

Hi movingfan,

Did you shifted to Baku? How's your experience?
I'm alos planning to shift to baku from India and want to know cost of 1 bedroom furnished flat on monthly rental? Can you advise?
Its bit urgent.
Thanks

As I have said on other replies, living in Baku is all about location, location, location. The cheaper apartments, say $600/month are dire. I mean dirty, under-maintained, and in the more seedier parts of the city. Please pay an extra $1000/month for something close to Fountain Square - it will pay dividends in the long run!

Many Thanks Kuanyan.

I was told that I can get apartment in 1500$. What facilities they give in apartment? Is it furnished with kitchen, TV, bed etc?