Coming to Belize

Hello everyone, I will be coming to Belize in Nov.for a 2 week stay. I am looking for a place to retire too in the next few years, and Belize is my first option.  I have been doing alot of research via internet and no illusions of any kind.  That being said, I do have many questions: I have reserved a rental car for my 2 weeks and have booked several places to stay. I will be spending day 1 in Belize City. The next few days I had planned on traveling north to Corozal area but haven't got a place to stay, I was going to wing it on finding place when I arrived.  Is this a good idea?  Will I have hard time finding something?  Also I have booked a three day stay on AC but don't know if I should turn car in and rerent or park somewhere.  From AC have booked stay in Hopkinsville for 3days looking forward to festival.  Then to San Ignacio for 3 days. I will be traveling alone and would enjoy meeting anyone in these areas.

Hi  captain2011,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Your post was moved to the Belize forum for better visibility an interaction. :)

Thank you,

David.

I would suggest the Maya, it will be on your left as you enter Corozal. They have a web page if you wish to book in advance.

The managers name is Rosita, I live across the street on the backside of the hotel. Just ask Rosita she'll point out my place to you.

Always willing to meet new arrivals, have a safe trip, hope to see you when you arrive.

captain:

In the San Ignacio area I have stayed at Aquada, and the San Ignacio Resort. Both have web sites. I would book ahead of time at either of these. The Aquada is more basic accommodation. Both have very nice staff. I have seen both filled up. Start of November is getting into the high season.

The coastal town is called Hopkins.  While there, drive down to Placencia, which has a bit more to offer in terms of restaurants, shops, bars and the village.