IB / British Curriculum School in KL

Can anyone suggest some good IB / British Curriculum schools in KL.

Currenty I have 4 children attending Grade 11, 9, 3 and 1 in Dubai following IB curriculum. We are looking at relocating to KL at the end of current school year sometime in June 2014.

I have shortlisted TAR College for the eldest who will pursue A Levels there and Fairview or Utama International School for the rest.

Comments on Fairview are not very encouraging. I dont understand the actual problem. We visited the main school for a short while and I was impressed by the setup. Didn't get a chance to have a detailed interaction with the staff / faculty.

We will be finding home around Taman Melawati / Gombak so the school is preferred to be in that area.

Planning another visit sometime early next year.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Hi Moulinex,

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

I suggest you browse through the discussions regarding Schools & studies in Malaysia please as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat.com Team

Hi Max,

Thanks for your response. Yes I have gone through it all. Looking for a specific response on Fairviews School.

Regards

I read the other day that ISKL is also offering the IB syllabus.

http://www.iskl.edu.my/learning/high-school/index.aspx

It is a very well reputed school and living in the Ampang area is a very good option in terms of international neighbours, top quality housing and security.

International schools can be rather different than you imagine - they are not always aimed at the expat and international community, but are an alternative choice to the local education system for Malaysian pupils.  UIS looks as if it is in that category. Check if the teachers are local or native English speakers as well and the past academic performances.

Hello,

I give you a link http:/www.isp.edu.my/ go and see , this is  really interesting[/small]
I'm not English but our daughter goes there and she is really happy to go to school every day (year 2)

Have a great day !

Aude

The International school parkcity in Kuala Lumpur IB/ British Curriculum school

Check out living in Desa Park (Park City) if you are interested in the school. The houses may be too small for your family size.

Unfortunately a fact of life is there are long waiting lists for international schools of high repute so you will also need to check out the situation, register or put yourself on the wait list for each class you need.

Understanding the "international" education situation in KL and Klang Valley is essential to find the right school. Sometimes it is just about whether the aims are high enough and whether there is a full understanding of education.  An example of this is that it is common knowledge that pupils are just prepped to pass examinations rather than getting an all-round education.  That is what makes the difference in the choice of schools here. It also affects future education choices and development of the intellect.  This is also very common even at university and U. College level. It is just a different style of learning (i.e. learning by rote) without the critical aspects that are expected from people who have experiences from other countries. It is not particularly visible on the surface, but looking at a detailed curriculum and asking about teachers' experience overseas and how they think children should be taught, will be crucial to selecting a school that will benefit your children.

Really appreciate all your feedbacks.