Hi

I am being pursued by the General knowledge School in Tripoli Lybia. I am an american of Irish descent and I am older and a teacher. I need work no doubt about that; however, I do not know enough about Lybia and was wondering if someone could talk to me about the country.

Dan crowley

Hi Dan crowley,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I suggest you browse through the discussions regarding Everyday life in Libya please as it might help if you are seeking for information :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Dan,
I am Dutch and I have recently moved to Libya to work here permanently. I have been coming here regularly since the end of the war, so since 2012. I have been traveling all the world for over 25 years and been in many "interesting countries" and this is a country which has got a new start and is building itself up. Of course, this is not the west and you can also not compare it to Dubai or a few other places in the Middle East, but to work here is fine. However, if you expect bars or large shopping malls or fancy restaurants, please don't come here. But otherwise, why not. See it as an adventure and a real experience. I hope this helps, Regards, Roland

Hi Henrolp,

I thank you for your info keep in touch.
My dad is ill taking care of him and when he no longer needs me
will try to get an offer.

Dan

Hi Dan,

I'm a French/British expat in Libya since March 2013 and I'm loving it. This country is a place of opportunity right now. As someone else mentionned the country is at a new beginning so it's the perfect time to come and take your mark.

I'm also in the education/teaching sector and it's fun. The level is quite low but the teaching itself is easy. Students are very polite and respectful yet they are lazy and expect to achieve with as little effort as possible. I see it as a challenge and a chance to be creative in my teachings.

May I suggest you check my blog for more daily life information on libya. You can also be in touch if you think I can answer more questions.

Best of luck for the future.
Jameela

Jameela,

Thaks for your reply,

I do want to teach in Lybia, but at the moment I am helping my father stay on the earth. I do not know how long it will take to keep him going, but I will apply right after he is back on his feet. So I wish you will stay in touch ............

Dan