What would be the best choice for me to buy a motorbike ?

Hello everyone.

I would like to buy a motorbike to ride mostly in HCMC. I'd like to buy a 125cc to feel easy having a passenger and a light motorbike would be a good choice. I'd like a semi-auto, but full auto wouldn't bother me.
I have seen the Honda future Neo 125CC, which would be a good choice, what similar model could I find ?
Any idea of the price for both new and second hand of this kind of motorbike ?

Cheers

Firstly, everything pretty will get stolen.

Find a strong Honda Bike...larger is somethings better...so it is not liked by the locals...but comfortable for you too.
Buy a bike for pleasure and something the locals really thing is ugly.
If it is big...and ugly even though you like it...then buy it.

Honda is the best...but please believe me...

Do not buy a Honda Dream...too popular and too easy to steal it everyday.
good luck to you.

How much do you want spend? Could affect your choices.

Thanks for your advices, I'll keep that in mind. :)

True, I forgot to tell.
Up to 20 millions (1000$)is ok, not more.

rent different ones then buy your favorite

Any motorbike suitable for lady? how much cost?
Or can i choose bicycle with motor?

Solo1 wrote:

rent different ones then buy your favorite

This.

Also, heed Captainelectric's advice as well.

I just checked on a new Honda 125cc, I think they call it a "Blade Runner" and it was just tad over what your budgeting. That is for a new one. As I recall that price was for one that did not have EFI, which from my experience really saves on fuel. I am actually shopping at the moment for a scooter so I will give you the info I receive. We plan to look at used scooter tonight or this weekend. The thing that scares me about a used one is....how can you determine if it is stolen. Were as with a new one it is a fresh title. All I need to have happen is be pulled over and they load my scooter up with the other 50 stolen one on their truck.

Thanks for you reply everyone.

@bta87, I think you mean 'Air Blade'. (Blade runner is a great movie but not a motorbike, special thanks to Ph.K. Dick ! :p)

I try to have a look to honda 125cc, for scooter type motorbike so far, I can only find two model : Air blade as metionned just before and Future Neo (or any other future models).
A second hand Future Neo is around 20M and an Air blade probably way more...

So I decided to change my mind and look for a Wave 110cc. I don't just focus on Honda, but seems like they are the most reliable motorbike on the market. Since I'm not planning to resell my motorbike soon or leaving Vietnam soon either, I want a robust motorbike, which is what, I think, honda's motorbikes can offer.

Cheers.

sfchai wrote:

Any motorbike suitable for lady? how much cost?
Or can i choose bicycle with motor?

Yes, suitable ones are the scooters that don't have a bar between your legs...so you can wear a dress and not feel like you're straddling something. 

Honda Vision
Yamaha Luvias
SYM Attila

This style
http://tintuc.vatgia.com/24h/121106083842-987-666.jpg

They run around $1,250 to $1,750 new.  Best if you rent this style first for about $5 a day and see which one you like.

Electric bikes are for high schoolers (since they don't require a license).  Rarely do adults use these.  The older generation just uses a bicycle (the ones that are human pedaled).

Oh, a Kimco Candy 50cc is also is a good scooter that doesn't require a license to operate since the engine is 50cc.  It looks just like the Honda Vision (probably on purpose).

http://www.xepro.vn/uploaded/medias/20128/xepro-1340109770-images779008_IMG_9138.jpg.jpeg

The Kimco Candy 50cc runs about $1,000.   Because they're getting beat up by Honda and Yamaha on the scooter market, Kimco is running a special promotion that if you buy the Candy 50cc, the girl comes with it.  So if you do decide to purchase this make and model, you have to give me the girl as a finder's fee.  ;)

Tof76 wrote:

Thanks for you reply everyone.

@bta87, I think you mean 'Air Blade'. (Blade runner is a great movie but not a motorbike, special thanks to Ph.K. Dick ! :p)

I try to have a look to honda 125cc, for scooter type motorbike so far, I can only find two model : Air blade as metionned just before and Future Neo (or any other future models).
A second hand Future Neo is around 20M and an Air blade probably way more...

So I decided to change my mind and look for a Wave 110cc. I don't just focus on Honda, but seems like they are the most reliable motorbike on the market. Since I'm not planning to resell my motorbike soon or leaving Vietnam soon either, I want a robust motorbike, which is what, I think, honda's motorbikes can offer.

Cheers.

Air blades run around 40 million VND (~$2,000 USD).  Wave 110 is in your budget.  Here's the Honda pricelist. 

http://www.honda.com.vn/vn/xe-may/bang-gia-xe/

Tof76,
   Your correct on the model of Honda. My GF tells me that one should stick w/ a Honda as the replacement parts are plentiful in VN and the Honda is produced here. Were as, say, the Yamaha you must go to the dealer and buy OEM parts. So she says, I have no first hand knowledge of all this. At the moment she has a semi-auto Honda and I hate  it would be better is it was a straight standard. At least then you can get yourself into the proper gear that is demanded. The semi she has you must come to a full stop to get it back from 4th, say to first. So it seems as if much of the time one is in an inappropriate gear for what is called for. I've driven the full auto and it is always in the right gear. So if you find yourself in a bind you can tromp on it and get out of harms way. This is my feelings anyway. Her bike does not have EFI either and it sucks gas as opposed to the EFI auto I drove. On it I could drive forever on a tank, on hers I must fill up ever other day just about.

Hey guys

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Really helpful info.
Special thanks to Tran Hug Dao for the pricelist, I was looking for it.
I think I'll go for a Wave, I don't know if I'll buy a new or a second hand. I have a vietnamese friend who could help me to buy a second hand one.

Thanks again to everyone.

:)

Cheers.

Tran,
Dude you always read something into every conversation that makes you sound ....!

Off topic post edited/deleted.  But yes, I generally get into other people's post when I see an incorrect/unsubstantiated advice/comment as this is a public board.  If you prefer a private conversation, you can use the Private Message feature.

Đẹp! :D

charmavietnam wrote:

Đẹp! :D

That was just cute (dễ thương).  Beautiful(đẹp) is this:

http://nguyenvanteo.vnweblogs.com/gallery/7986/previews-med/aodai9b.jpg

The future Mrs. Trần Hưng Đạo (I just need to find her).

Hope you will find her soon with all goodness of a real Vietnamese traditional lady :D