Cost of living in riyadh

Hi, i am new to this fourm, wanted to know is a 10,000 package enough for me to settle in riyadh with my wife and kid...??

wud i be able to safe a decent amount if i settle for a 2-3 BR apartment

got 3 salaries worth of allowance= 30k p.a to get the flat

plus the other costs...like

internet
mobile
electricty
clothing ( whats the formal dress code here, business suits or casuals
recreation facilities.

Hi, Me too going through the same situation. I got an offer to work at Samba financial services, Riyadh with a package of 6500 SAR + accomodation + transportaion.

Could any body please let me know the cost of living in Riyadh. As this is my first international assignment, it would greatly help me if some one could tell the things that should be carried while coming from india.

Thanks for the help.
Khadar.

Dear Friend ,

I Welcome You Here.

Let me tell you some Brief about the expenses here.

As I see ( Fasee Sb. from Pakistan - and Khadar From India ) are coming from an Asian Community . who tend be flexible .

Living Accommodation : Try to find accommodation in area which suits you. To get an estimation of rates try to visit this site :

expatriates.com/classifieds/riy/

and Look under Housing Available 

Transportation : Fuel in Saudia Arabia is cheaper than water. Buy a car ( used cars are also reasonable ) Else try to find a House near to office . Riyadh gets very crowded at times and its very annoying.

Internet : STC - GO - MOBILY - ZAIN - you have cabled STC - and wimax as other brands - Its quite reasonable, should not be worried about it.SR.100~250 approx

Electricity : so far its very cheap as compared to Pakistan / India .
You have AC's Working all the time in Summer , and you still get bill SR.100~200 approx

Clothing : Depends on your company - Formal will be better to start , and then you can move with the trends ;)

recreation facilities: Illegal Question :P - very less - but if you are coming with Family , it might not be that hard to make some recreation of your own.

best of Luck :)

thankyou nauman.

very comprehensive....will go through the links as you said.

will have to figure out how much i can save from this salary.

how much a corolla used costs....any websites for that too...and hwo much the maintenance costs

Well same site

expatriates.com/classifieds/riy/

- Check Left - Vehicles

This site will give you idea... ( usually prices here on site are 2000~5000 more ) than market - and its a big monopoly here in buying used cars.

so get an idea and when you come over here - visit the Markets and then take your decision.

If your package included suitable housing this is a major plus as you are protected against housing price rises. 

If you receive a housing allowance, be conscious that the price may increase substantially when you have to renew and that the landlord/compound is likely to want you to pay a years rent upfront.

You can find some greats used car buys at the Toyota Used Car showrooms on King Fahd Road and also Khurais Road outlets.

thank you guys for te positve response.
belive me it helped alot, for a guy who is totally new to aplace....every single word fo help or info counts

i wud be renting a small place probably 2 BR....with a capcity to sustain if the prices are jkacked up in future aswell...hopeully

as for car...i guess i wud go for a new one, as experience tells, dont buy a second hand if you dont know the inside mechanisms.....so by that rule...i ont buy secondhand mobiles electronics or anythignthat i dont understand hehe

butthank goodness company is providing a maintained car

(moderated)

Hi Fasee-

Riyadh recently ranked 130 out of the 282 most expensive countries to live in in the world.  This index is based on 13 different categories that range from housing to leisure based activities, and leave the city as a middle cost enterprise.  Housing will definitely be your highest cost, but will be balanced out by the reasonable cost of groceries and household goods.  For specific information about salary breakdown and even the costs of daily items for the sake of comparison visit: [moderated: enough links to the same website, please contact us if you want to arrange a partnership]

Best-
Stephanie